The Student Room Group

Is this healthy?? (Sleeping routine)

So I have recently realized that I work my best in the early mornings and this was proven yesterday when I went to sleep at 9pm and woke up at 3am (Exam Anxiety) and revised straight until around 7am without procrastinating and I got a lot of stuff done!

I realize that if I get home (around 5pm) I tend to procrastinate a lot thinking that I have loads of time to study until I sleep. I end up going to bed at 2am with only getting about an hours worth of work done. So this is not productive at all for me and I also always feel so tired when I get back from school so I am too lazy to do any proper work and I relax a lot.

Today I went to bed as soon as I got home (5pm) and I slept 7/8 hours (or maybe a bit more) and now I have woken up and I am ready to revise with a lot of time and energy on me. So now my plan is to go to sleep as soon as I get home (5pm), sleep what I would have slept later on (7/8 hours) then wake up at around 1am and keep studying until 7am and then get ready for school.

I know this isnt what normal people do and its a real strange routine but it helps me revise for exams at my best especially seeing as I am pretty behind. I was just wondering if this will mess with my head or is it bad/unhealthy to have this time of sleeping pattern?

Thanks!
Personally, i think you should do whatever works for you. Besides its not as if you are losing out on much sleep you are still getting around 8 hours. Just make sure you are eating enough and perhaps taking a few breaks so you don't go mad. I wish I could so this, how do you wake up so early???
Reply 2
Actually the exact same method worked best for me but it was hard to keep up since something always came up at least once a week disturbing my sleeping schedule.Also after about 6-7 weeks I was completely burnt out and I was back to my old unproductive method.
I used to sleep at 8-9pm and wake up around 3am.
Original post by desertlover
Personally, i think you should do whatever works for you. Besides its not as if you are losing out on much sleep you are still getting around 8 hours. Just make sure you are eating enough and perhaps taking a few breaks so you don't go mad. I wish I could so this, how do you wake up so early???

Yes, I need to start eating because so far I am eating only a small breakfast and sometimes a couple snacks for a whole 24 hours which is not healthy at all. I have been relaxing the whole year so I have kind of excused myself from breaks at the moment but you are probably right since I feel the madness coming on. I didnt realize I could wake up this early either but I guess the anxiety of exams made me wake up and I have a permanent knot in my stomach so I thought "why not revise in this time?". I rather do it the normal way tbh but beggars cant be choosers.
Original post by muf_mur
Actually the exact same method worked best for me but it was hard to keep up since something always came up at least once a week disturbing my sleeping schedule.Also after about 6-7 weeks I was completely burnt out and I was back to my old unproductive method.
I used to sleep at 8-9pm and wake up around 3am.

I know what you mean, this week I have at least one disturbance where I have to attend a medicine event at like 8pm which will mess up my schedule and I'm thinking of cancelling. I have like 3 weeks until exams start so I guess this is just a short term thing. When you say burnt out, was it because of doing so much revision or was it because of the sleeping pattern?
If this sleeping schedule works for you, I say go for it. Just make sure it's not making you really tired later in the day; maybe this is why you are less productive at, say, 5pm, because your body is abnormally tired after getting up so early.
Reply 6
Original post by ilovereading
I know what you mean, this week I have at least one disturbance where I have to attend a medicine event at like 8pm which will mess up my schedule and I'm thinking of cancelling. I have like 3 weeks until exams start so I guess this is just a short term thing. When you say burnt out, was it because of doing so much revision or was it because of the sleeping pattern?

Both I think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending