lawmanqq1999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I have my english literature exam on the 18th of may. I can do all extract questions, since i am doing the unseen component, so should i bother learning quotes? In the exam i dont plan on taking the whole text question, but should i memorise just in case?

also, if i do, how many, and how should i narrow them down (important quotes etc)
'Chris'
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I also have this exam on May 18th. Could you tell me which books and poems you are doing? I'm studying Of Mice and Men, The Crucible and the Relationships cluster for poems. For the books you definitely need to revise quotes, or at least the page numbers, on the different characters. If you're referring to Section B- yes, you will be given an extract but only for the first question(part a). For part b, you will need to refer to the rest of the book, so it would be helpful to remember some important quotes of each character or significant places in the book.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but if you reply with the book names I might be able to help more .
lawmanqq1999
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by 'Chris')
I also have this exam on May 18th. Could you tell me which books and poems you are doing? I'm studying Of Mice and Men, The Crucible and the Relationships cluster for poems. For the books you definitely need to revise quotes, or at least the page numbers, on the different characters. If you're referring to Section B- yes, you will be given an extract but only for the first question(part a). For part b, you will need to refer to the rest of the book, so it would be helpful to remember some important quotes of each character or significant places in the book.

I don't know if this is what you're referring to but if you reply with the book names I might be able to help more .
Im doing with CIE course, so because I'm taking the Unseen Exam, i can choose all extract questions, im doing Silas Marner, The Tempest and Songs of Ourselves for Poetry. I think we may be doing different boards, or different exams!
Helloooooo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by iman305)
Im doing with CIE course, so because I'm taking the Unseen Exam, i can choose all extract questions, im doing Silas Marner, The Tempest and Songs of Ourselves for Poetry. I think we may be doing different boards, or different exams!
Im doing the tempest tomorrow on CIE and im not sure how to prepare for the extract!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.71%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
20%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
11.43%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.57%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (11)
31.43%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
22.86%

Watched Threads