Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Is it wise to do all past papers for a subject the night before an AS exam?
Should someone who fairly knows a subject use all their time to study then do past papers the night before or should they do past papers within the time they have and try in cooperating study time?
Sycamores
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It wouldn't hurt to do 1 or 2 past papers the night before the exam. At least then you know what to expect in the exam and your brain is being kept active and knows how to answer the questions properly as the past papers provide the answers also.
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If I am asked whether doing all the past papers the night before, I would say no.

Firstly, you don't have time to do all past papers the night before. One is supposed to take 1h+ in most cases.

The point of past paper is practice. You wouldn't get a six pack by going to the gym for ten hours for a night, would you? Similar thing with past papers. Yes, you may remember the mark scheme by doing papers the night before, but next point still stands -
By doing past papers you will discover your weakness and you can address it by more practice, or reading, watching videos, making notes etc. If you do past papers the night before and discover your weakness then, it is too late.

You should do past papers as you go, and not save until last minute. In my opinion, last minute revision should be spared to re-review your own mistakes (said re-review because you should have done after every past paper) you have made in previous past papers and ensuring you won't make the same mistakes again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cherry82
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
If I am asked whether doing all the past papers the night before, I would say no.

Firstly, you don't have time to do all past papers the night before. One is supposed to take 1h+ in most cases.

The point of past paper is practice. You wouldn't get a six pack by going to the gym for ten hours for a night, would you? Similar thing with past papers. Yes, you may remember the mark scheme by doing papers the night before, but next point still stands -
By doing past papers you will discover your weakness and you can address it by more practice, or reading, watching videos, making notes etc. If you do past papers the night before and discover your weakness then, it is too late.

You should do past papers as you go, and not save until last minute. In my opinion, last minute revision should be spared to re-review your own mistakes (said re-review because you should have done after every past paper) you have made in previous past papers and ensuring you won't make the same mistakes again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
LOL six pack, thanks for explaining You're a very rational person, with a lot of great sense. I guess I better start doing past papers now.
C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Cherry82)
LOL six pack, thanks for explaining You're a very rational person, with a lot of great sense. I guess I better start doing past papers now.
Hahaha no problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (580)
34.2%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (698)
41.16%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (341)
20.11%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (77)
4.54%

Watched Threads