Lilyella
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
okay so I have a science GCSEs in June, I'm in year 10. I would like to get an A or an A*. I have already got an A* on my ISA that goes towards it , so if I did two higher papers and a foundation would I have a chance? Or would I have to do all higher papers?
zant99
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The highest you can get in a Foundation paper is C, I believe you need to do Higher for all if you want to stand a chance of achieving an A*.

But, I might be wrong.
Lilyella
Rep:
?
(Original post by zant99)
The highest you can get in a Foundation paper is C, I believe you need to do Higher for all if you want to stand a chance of achieving an A*.

But, I might be wrong.
Thankyou for the help!
AdamCee
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wasn't even aware you could do two highers and a foundation tbh.

I'm not too sure OP but you would need a very high A* on the two highers and a high C on the foundation, if it's possible to get an A* that is.

If you're aiming A/A* though I would have said to do three highers for sure
Lilyella
Rep:
?
(Original post by AdamCee)
I wasn't even aware you could do two highers and a foundation tbh.

I'm not too sure OP but you would need a very high A* on the two highers and a high C on the foundation, if it's possible to get an A* that is.

If you're aiming A/A* though I would have said to do three highers for sure
Great thank you, in our school, not sure about other schools but we could do 1 high in biology and 2 foundations in the others or whatever you're the best at.
lozza09
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I was in Year 10/11 I did higher for all of my Chemistry papers and got a B in Unit 1, a C on Unit 2 and 98/100 ums on Unit 3 and came out with an A overall. In Biology I did higher for Unit 1 and got a B and higher for Unit 2 and got a C then did foundation for Unit 3 biology, got full UMS and came out with a B overall. I would suggest doing all higher to give you the chance to reach the highest marks, this will probably give you a higher chance in gaining an A/A*! Hope this made sense and helped
SceneKid17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aim for higher
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (110)
35.71%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (42)
13.64%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (19)
6.17%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (32)
10.39%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (37)
12.01%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (36)
11.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (32)
10.39%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed