Turn on thread page Beta

Work experience for clinical psychology watch

ReputationRep:
    Really need some ideas on what type of volunteering I could do to help me get into the DClinPsy when I apply. Already have experience with eating disorders, depression (GP and nurse placement), learning disabilities, brain injury, epilepsy, social anxiety, physical disabilities(?) and have nearly a years experience as a volunteer research assistant. Is this too much already for a second year undergrad student or should I try and do more? If I should do more, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheland95)
    Really need some ideas on what type of volunteering I could do to help me get into the DClinPsy when I apply. Already have experience with eating disorders, depression (GP and nurse placement), learning disabilities, brain injury, epilepsy, social anxiety, physical disabilities(?) and have nearly a years experience as a volunteer research assistant. Is this too much already for a second year undergrad student or should I try and do more? If I should do more, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
    I'm applying for DClinPsy at the moment and I've found it's just all about getting as much experience as you can and making yourself stand-out because it can be so competitive! You sound like you've done so much but a few of my friends who have been accepted onto the DClinPsy in the UK did a Mental Health placement in Sri Lanka with SLV which sounded amazing for their applications - they were running therapeutic activities with service users with mental health issues but also with people with physical disabilities and learning difficulties too. Sounded hard but I think having that different cultural perspective on the mental health sector helped so much with their applications.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.