Am I screwed? Is it too late to get good grades?

Watch
Biggie-Smalls
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm currently a year 11 student preparing for exams in a month/ two months time, at the moment I'm really worried that its too late to revise for all these subjects I have to sit soon and that I think I haven't been revising efficiently or consistently enough yet, I have 21 days until my first exam, the grades I'm hoping to get are : A in RS, A in History, A in Geo, A in Maths, and unfortunately past stupid and lazy me have limited my other grades in all the sciences and the two English GCSE'S to merely a C, I've asked thrice now for my science papers to be put into higher tier, but it looks like I'm not being listened to so yeah, is it too late basically to get these grades with so little time left and with so much to learn and revise over? What about A-Levels? If I'm like this in GCSE, should I just give up on A-Levels altogether?
( Sorry if this post seems unstructured, really messy and hard to read, I'm on my Ipad and it's ****ing up for me typing this **** )
Josh99evs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, Honestly calm down. I can guarantee they will have you for A level. Yes, its a big jump from GCSE to A level but trust yourself. Its never to late to revise
'Chris'
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Firstly, don't panic! It's never too late until you walk into the exam room. Trust me, 23 days is plenty of time to revise your subjects. If you give up now, you will never know what grade you could have got if you applied the effort. You put in as much as you get out. If you do lots of revision now, you will achieve a good grade guaranteed. This definitely does not mean you shouldn't do A-Level. Honestly, there are thousands of people who revise the night before their exams and they still do A-Level. Good luck and stay focused! You will do brilliantly!
lilshotta6532
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 'Chris')
Firstly, don't panic! It's never too late until you walk into the exam room. Trust me, 23 days is plenty of time to revise your subjects. If you give up now, you will never know what grade you could have got if you applied the effort. You put in as much as you get out. If you do lots of revision now, you will achieve a good grade guaranteed. This definitely does not mean you shouldn't do A-Level. Honestly, there are thousands of people who revise the night before their exams and they still do A-Level. Good luck and stay focused! You will do brilliantly!
are you serious? Because my teachers told me it was too late for me to revise, and now i feel really disheartened?
'Chris'
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by lilshotta6532)
are you serious? Because my teachers told me it was too late for me to revise, and now i feel really disheartened?
I'm very serious. Don't believe what your teachers tell you. They're clearly ignorant if they have the audacity to dishearten a student by telling them that it's too late to revise. No. If you want those grades really badly, you will revise hard for them, no matter what your moronic teacher tells you.
aliman65
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Too late? It is GCSE, you dont even need to revise.

One of my modules in uni probably has more content than all your GCSE's combined and I have only a few days to revise each one.
langlitz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aliman65)
Too late? It is GCSE, you dont even need to revise.

One of my modules in uni probably has more content than all your GCSE's combined and I have only a few days to revise each one.
This. A ten credit course at uni is probably the same as about 8 GCSEs haha. They cover everything in basically no detail at all
lilshotta6532
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 'Chris')
I'm very serious. Don't believe what your teachers tell you. They're clearly ignorant if they have the audacity to dishearten a student by telling them that it's too late to revise. No. If you want those grades really badly, you will revise hard for them, no matter what your moronic teacher tells you.
Thank you so much man
FeelingDepressed
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thank you so much man
Go for it! Prove them wrong and you will have the last laugh x
aliman65
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by langlitz)
This. A ten credit course at uni is probably the same as about 8 GCSEs haha. They cover everything in basically no detail at all
I think I covered s1, s2 and s3 stats from A-level in about 8 weeks at uni then we got tested on it without being given any questions. This was just one of my six modules in the first semester and they worry about GCSE's where there is loads of help on the internet...
lilshotta6532
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by FeelingDepressed)
Go for it! Prove them wrong and you will have the last laugh x
yeah I'm currently revising my ass off
kieran101090
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Don't worry, I have 8 days to prepare for my first year exam in uni and hoping to get 70 percent. Atm I'm high af.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads