tyream
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So I was thinking of picking Economics+geography+ICT is that a strong combination, are these considered 'soft subjects' if so any suggestions like the title says what's the best combination to open the most doors and get me into better universities?
Sir Candour
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At this stage, don't start going all tactical in your selection. You'll drain the joy out of your education, and thus be unable to truly appreciate academia once you do enter university.

Pick what you'd like to learn about.
tyream
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sir Candour)
At this stage, don't start going all tactical in your selection. You'll drain the joy out of your education, and thus be unable to truly appreciate academia once you do enter university.

Pick what you'd like to learn about.
With all due respect I'd rather do a GCSE I don't enjoy and get a A/A* then do one I do and get a C/B...
tyream
Rep:
?
Ok thanks but I'm worried I.T and economics might be soft subjects what are your opinions?
Sir Candour
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by tyream)
With all due respect I'd rather do a GCSE I don't enjoy and get a A/A* then do one I do and get a C/B...
With all due respect you were asking in regards to the value of the subjects to universities, and not your limited or otherwise capabilities to achieve in them. That consideration is your own to factor for.

It is unlikely that a student who truly loves their subject, and honestly endeavors to do the work, will do poorly at GCSE level.
Banana00
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Choose what you really want to study; you may well end up doing better in the subjects you enjoy as you'd be more willing to work for them. Ask your teachers and parents for their advice and opinions (but do be careful - many teachers may encourage you to do their subject but don't feel obliged to if you really don't want to do it).
What is your language choice?
Don John
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
At GCSE it doesn't particularly matter as long as you enjoy them and they won't block any potential A-level choices. Just get a bunch of A*s. 'Nuff said.
DSG7799
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
if you want to go university pick gcses related to what you want to do at college, university or as a job
Posted from TSR Mobile
tyream
Rep:
?
What do you guys think about computer science it's a very specific subject to pick
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (3)
33.33%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (3)
33.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (3)
33.33%

Watched Threads