The Student Room Group

AS Politics - Advice required!

Hey guys!

So, I'll be doing AS Politics next year and I have got my Year 11 Summer Holiday in which I hope to get to grips with some basic Political concepts and familiarise myself with "Who's who?" if that makes any sense.

I guess I was really just posting to see if any current A Level Politics students have any advice as to where I could find some good and reliable information, and what types of things I should be researching before the course begins?

Thanks, and good luck with your exams!

Ellie
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Reply 2
I'm a current politics student; I didn't know anything about this subject and I picked up on the subject quite quickly so I'm sure you'll be fine.

In my course, we cover Political participation, electoral systems, Voting behaviour, democracy, pressure groups, political parties etc for Politics.

and for Government we cover the Constitution, the executive, Eu, Reforms, civil servants, House of Lords, House of Commons etc.

Hope this helped! Best of luck
Reply 3
Hi
I am also thinking of taking politics next year for As. I've asked students who take politics in my college,and they are enjoying it! They said it's very interesting and they took A's in their mocks. I wasn't sure about taking it but it has a great effect for unis!!!! If you have any questions I'll ask them.
Goodluck!
Reply 4
How do you find it? Is it interesting?
Do you advice taking it as a subject. I'll be major in business pathway in uni and I heard politics is very helpful for the entry.
thank you
Reply 5
Hi
I am doing my A2 politics this year, last year i got an A and there really isnt anything you need to do in advance regarding theory, however try having a look at the basic structure of UK politics ie Parliament, executive (prime minister and civil service) and judiciary( supreme court) but mainly find out about the different parties and the policies/ where they stand and find examples of their policies. Finally pay attention to the election, and how it compares to previous elections ie we are likely to have a coalition its really important to have a good knowledge of recent examples surrounding UK politics to get the top grades.
Hope it helps,
Original post by s.muller1
Hi
I am doing my A2 politics this year, last year i got an A and there really isnt anything you need to do in advance regarding theory, however try having a look at the basic structure of UK politics ie Parliament, executive (prime minister and civil service) and judiciary( supreme court) but mainly find out about the different parties and the policies/ where they stand and find examples of their policies. Finally pay attention to the election, and how it compares to previous elections ie we are likely to have a coalition its really important to have a good knowledge of recent examples surrounding UK politics to get the top grades.
Hope it helps,

Hi! Sorry to butt in, but I'm also looking to take my AS/A2 in politics from EdExcel. Do you happen to know of any good textbooks to study? I'm a private candidate so I won't have a tutor looking over my shoulder! :P Many thanks!
Reply 7
Original post by raphaelyee
Hi! Sorry to butt in, but I'm also looking to take my AS/A2 in politics from EdExcel. Do you happen to know of any good textbooks to study? I'm a private candidate so I won't have a tutor looking over my shoulder! :P Many thanks!

For A2 Political Ideologies

By Andrew Heywood!
Reply 8
Thankyou all so much! Highly appreciated! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending