The Student Room Group

What does your life in the summer compare to your uni life?

For me it feels completely different for so many reasons.

You are generally back at home with parents and your old friends, not going out with uni friends most days, and sometimes not going out at all. You have so much free time... well, many people do at uni anyway, but less of that time is filled in with activities. It's great fun for say, 8 weeks, whether you want to stay at home or go travelling for a few weeks, or have an internship. But is the 3-4 month summer holiday we have a bit excessive? It would be awesome to swap some of that time for other parts of the year, or just extent to uni year for another 3-4 weeks so that we can have some time at uni with long, warm days instead of the depressing short, dark, wet and cold wintery days. The only time it's sunny at uni is for Freshers week and then the final few weeks which consist of cramming for exams and exams themselves, then some may stay but most just go home for 3-4 months!

Then going back to uni in September again is a complete shock to the system coming back from home life again. It seems to happen every year!
12 weeks of summer in my opinion gets quite boring. sure the first 4 weeks are fine, but then i start to miss the freedom of living away from home and my college friends. When it comes to July, I'm just counting the weeks back until college starts.
Last summer it was also very hard to organise meetups with college friends due to everyone working for the summer.
Original post by hman1994
12 weeks of summer in my opinion gets quite boring. sure the first 4 weeks are fine, but then i start to miss the freedom of living away from home and my college friends. When it comes to July, I'm just counting the weeks back until college starts.
Last summer it was also very hard to organise meetups with college friends due to everyone working for the summer.

This was depressing last year

All the free time in the world; no one to share it with because everyone has their own commitments
Reply 3
This is why I signed up to work Edinburgh fringe for a month over summer. I wont have the same income as I did before I went to university so I cant go out wit my friends all the time, so a working holiday will equate! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending