UCL Ancient World 2015 Summer School - Greek & Latin

Watch
UCL
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
The UCL Ancient World 2015 Summer School is a non-residential programme for students in Year 12 attending state schools. The aim is to give students a taste of university life and the degree programmes we offer.

This Summer School is designed to give you a taste of the range of subjects connected with the cultures and civilisations of the ancient Mediterranean that you can study at UCL. We will look at the similarities and differences between the Greeks, Romans, and the cultures of ancient Egypt and the Near East. There will be museum visits including a guided walk through the Greek and Roman collections of the British Museum, along with other activities designed to broaden your understanding of the ancient world and its continuing influence on the contemporary world.

What are the benefits of taking part in a UCL Summer School?
Taking part in one of our UCL Summer Schools is a impressive achievement to include on your UCAS personal statement. As a Summer School participant, you will develop your independent research, critical thinking, public speaking and academic writing skills - all essential for university. You will also gain a detailed insight into the UCL student experience and the range of degree programmes on offer.

Furthermore, Summer School participants who complete the programme will have the chance to apply for a space on our personal statements clinic in Autumn of Year 13.

When and where?
The Greek and Latin Summer School will take place from the 29th of June to the 2nd of July on UCL's campus in Bloomsbury.

How do I apply?
To find out more about the UCL Summer Schools and how to apply, please visit:
www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/widening-participation/prosp-students/post-16/year12-summer

The deadline to apply is the 8th of May 2015.

Before making your application, please take into account the entry requirements and eligibility criteria for the Summer School programme.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (122)
4.91%
Uncertainty around my education (368)
14.8%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (272)
10.94%
Lack of purpose or motivation (350)
14.08%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (113)
4.55%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (150)
6.03%
Loneliness (214)
8.61%
Financial worries (92)
3.7%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (106)
4.26%
Exposure to negative news/social media (119)
4.79%
Lack of real life entertainment (131)
5.27%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (216)
8.69%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (233)
9.37%

Watched Threads