If we left the EU...

Watch
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
...we'd have no legal or financial obligations towards all the immigrants attempting to get to Europe across the Mediterranean and they'd be Spain/Italy/Greece's problem, not ours. Discuss.
democracyforum
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Duncan2012)
...we'd have no legal or financial obligations towards all the immigrants attempting to get to Europe across the Mediterranean and they'd be Spain/Italy/Greece's problem, not ours. Discuss.
I think we would allow in a few hundred out of moral duty.

However, the point is, we would decide, not some foreign politicians.
Andrew657Thomas
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm sure we would loose a lot of money if we left the EU
Babada Boopy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
we give them like 30 billion a year, I doubt we'd lose that much from leaving
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Babada Boopy)
we give them like 30 billion a year, I doubt we'd lose that much from leaving
You don't know much about the EU, do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SeaPony
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
EU should have a zero tolerance policy for these illegal immigrants coming into Europe... but then again the EU is ruled by unelected spineless liberals.
1inaMillion
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Duncan2012)
We would still have a humanist obligation to provide sanctuary to those fleeing for their lives, but yeah, we could tell people we didn't trust to take a hike.

Women and children and Christian/religious minority demographics could be given priority. As it stands Asylum seekers can actually sue the UK for not being blind when processing asylum applications, even though I think priority should be given to demographics who are soon to be completely ethnically cleansed from the Middle East.

Which is why we have boatloads of young Muslim men arriving at our shores, a recipe for disaster.
InnerTemple
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SeaPony)
EU should have a zero tolerance policy for these illegal immigrants coming into Europe... but then again the EU is ruled by unelected spineless liberals.
Even Farage wants to allow some of them in to the UK.

Why do you not agree with Farage? Is he a spineless liberal in your books?

Also - when you say "unelected spineless liberals", who exactly are you referring to?
MatureStudent36
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 1inaMillion)
We would still have a humanist obligation to provide sanctuary to those fleeing for their lives, but yeah, we could tell people we didn't trust to take a hike.

Women and children and Christian/religious minority demographics could be given priority. As it stands Asylum seekers can actually sue the UK for not being blind when processing asylum applications, even though I think priority should be given to demographics who are soon to be completely ethnically cleansed from the Middle East.

Which is why we have boatloads of young Muslim men arriving at our shores, a recipe for disaster.
Only if those fleeing for their lives were Irish, French, Dutch, Belgian or Norwegian.
skunkboy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
http://rt.com/uk/251049-companies-leave-uk-eu/

If UK leaves EU, some UK citizens surely will suffer financially.
And other consequences are unpredictable. People should think about it thoroughly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
1inaMillion
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by MatureStudent36)
Only if those fleeing for their lives were Irish, French, Dutch, Belgian or Norwegian.
Well the Irish did, a couple of times. made a pretty good job of contributing where they went. Not ideal, but a shlt side better than the current demographic. Soon we will be seeing Europeans flee from their homelands in my opinion.

Pretty sure one, or two, or all, of the above have done the migration thing at on point. It is nothing compared to what's going on at the moment. The scale alone, this is the largest migration of peoples ever heard of outside of invasions......... in any other time period, that's what this would be considered.
StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SeaPony)
Behave yourself son. The structure of the EU is more democratic than that of the UK.
The two eds
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by InnerTemple)
You don't know much about the EU, do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
We should install a turret and napalm defense system in the Mediterranean sea. Any migrants who cross the border into Italian waters will be decimated. It is necessary and will be a less costly and social issue for European governments. By eliminating the invaders we are actually showing a greater moral duty since a problem for the world is a problem and by removing the problem, you help millions.
zippity.doodah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Andrew657Thomas)
1) who mistakes "loose" for "lose"?
2) how would we lose money if we save £40 billion a year?
3) how would we lose money if we would continue to trade with EU member states like iceland does?
The_Uneasy_Truth
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lads am i the only impression that the eu is absorbing other countries to start some one word government or something??? cmon m8 they're always talking about this new world order...
gladders
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by StretfordEnd)
Behave yourself son. The structure of the EU is more democratic than that of the UK.
I wouldn't say that, but I'd argue it's more democratic than the US. The only thing hindering the EU's democratic credentials is lack of public interest in what it does rather than their inability to have their voice heard.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
17.32%
I'm not sure (3)
2.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (41)
32.28%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.36%
I'm not a current university student (58)
45.67%

Watched Threads