The Student Room Group

I have an Interview with 'Chaoji'?

Hey,

So I received a phone call and scheduled an interview with a 'company' called 'Chaoji'

They're not really a company, but they basically sell weight loss products to passerbyers on the street, they have about 18 Kiosks placed around different locations.

I know this is a long shot, but has anybody had any experience, with or around this type of work? The job will basically be me offering free samples to strangers and then slowly persuading them to buy the product.

If anyone has any experience with this, may I ask what can I expect?
Also, what questions could I expect at an Interview for this type of job?

All replies are greatly appreciated

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
AdviceForMe
You can probably expect to be ignored by the majority of the public, argued with by anyone with a modicum of understanding of health and fitness, and poor pay. I wouldn't touch that line of work with a barge pole because most of them type of jobs are commission based but if they're offering you a basic wage and you've got an extremely confident personality and don't mind dealing with difficult people, I guess its worth a shot.
Reply 2
Original post by IanDangerously
You can probably expect to be ignored by the majority of the public, argued with by anyone with a modicum of understanding of health and fitness, and poor pay. I wouldn't touch that line of work with a barge pole because most of them type of jobs are commission based but if they're offering you a basic wage and you've got an extremely confident personality and don't mind dealing with difficult people, I guess its worth a shot.

To be honest, I really don't want to. But I'm a 17 year old with no retail experience. Work is quite hard to come by. If it's commission based I probably almost certainly won't do it, if there's a salary.... I may consider it... Unless the salary is really poor. The manager said he had to cut something else to get my interview in, so I'm at least going to attend it to be somewhat respectful. If I don't get the job, hell I'm not going to complain.
Original post by AdviceForMe
To be honest, I really don't want to. But I'm a 17 year old with no retail experience. Work is quite hard to come by. If it's commission based I probably almost certainly won't do it, if there's a salary.... I may consider it... Unless the salary is really poor. The manager said he had to cut something else to get my interview in, so I'm at least going to attend it to be somewhat respectful. If I don't get the job, hell I'm not going to complain.

If you do it and give it your best shot it at least gives you something to put on your CV which can then transfer to other, more established jobs. It probably won't benefit you financially all that much and you'll endure a lot of stress but if you can put up with it it'll force you to become more confident. Don't do it long term though, and keep looking for regular retail jobs the entire time, you never know when an opportunity will pop up for you. :smile:
I did a similarish job when I was a kid - door to door knocking 'selling' energy.

Can honestly say it was one of the more nightmarish experiences of my life and I did it only because I physically needed the money. If I had been living at home or anything. or otherwise in a situation where the income wasn't crucial then I'd have binned it off within a day.
Reply 5
I spent 40 minutes today watching one of the workers at the Kiosk do his thing. To be honest, the job didn't seem that bad at all. The guy didn't have to call anyone over, because of the free samples, quiet a few amount of people walked over to him on their own accord, I counted about 8. All he did as talk to them for about 1 or 2 minutes, handed them a leaflet and they was on their way, the job actually doesn't seem as bad as I thought, you pretty much don't even have to leave the Kiosk.
Reply 6
Hi, I actually work for Chaoji Ltd & I can tell you it is a legitimate operation! How many kiosks do you know if operate & trade as a ltd company? Answer... None!
Yes the job does entail you meeting & greeting customers & selling direct to the general public. This is all explained at the interview & over the phone. My issue is people who do not have the courage & conviction to be honest & upfront when asked how they feel about doing the role. Vast majority say yes, but turn up & deliver the bare minimum! This is not a job where you just stand there facilitating a customer purchase expecting to be paid for doing very little, you physically have to sell & market the product to the public.
You also get a basic salary but everything is based purely on your performance, where you write your own ticket in this business!
The more you sell, the more you will earn, the more you put in the more you'll get out!
It's hard work but like the advert clearly states, we're looking for strong sales people. If this is not you then you need not apply, however if it is you welcome to an easy, prosperous future with us.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending