Alcohol free diet

Watch
Maria1812
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello I am very against alcohol,drugs and smoking so I want to maintain an alcohol free diet I never consumed alcohol never planning to I no longer want to be a Catholic because I hate they take alcohol 1 a week I cannot stand the sight of alcohol I cannot even bare associating with anyone who drinks alcohol. The poblem is my family is Catholic they don't understand they don't think alcohol is wrong they think its ok in moderation I don't and what I hate the most is that when people come over and they bring sweets with alcohol. I cannot have even a drip of alcohol otherwise I would feel bad. My family thinks I am crazy and they do not understand my hatred towards alcohol.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Maria1812)
Hello I am very against alcohol,drugs and smoking so I want to maintain an alcohol free diet I never consumed alcohol never planning to I no longer want to be a Catholic because I hate they take alcohol 1 a week I cannot stand the sight of alcohol I cannot even bare associating with anyone who drinks alcohol. The poblem is my family is Catholic they don't understand they don't think alcohol is wrong they think its ok in moderation I don't and what I hate the most is that when people come over and they bring sweets with alcohol. I cannot have even a drip of alcohol otherwise I would feel bad. My family thinks I am crazy and they do not understand my hatred towards alcohol.
Your family are quite correct, you are crazy. Alcohol is perfectly fine in moderation and actually healthy when consumed correctly. A recent study has shown that people who drink alcohol in moderation actually live longer than alcoholics OR teetotallers.

Chances are you probably have consumed alcohol at some point, it's contained in a lot of desserts, spray oil, mustards, vinegars, certain cheeses, pasta sauces, extracts and artificial flavourings.
Potally_Tissed
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do you hate grammar as well?
Juicy J
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You should be able to take decisions for yourself especially when it comes to something like this. You shouldn't be in a position or situation where you're being forced or pressured to do something that you're against. You have a voice, let it be heard, and stand your ground.
Europhile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My family thinks I am crazy
They're not wrong.............
Maria1812
Rep:
?
(Original post by IanDangerously)
Your family are quite correct, you are crazy. Alcohol is perfectly fine in moderation and actually healthy when consumed correctly. A recent study has shown that people who drink alcohol in moderation actually live longer than alcoholics OR teetotallers.

Chances are you probably have consumed alcohol at some point, it's contained in a lot of desserts, spray oil, mustards, vinegars, certain cheeses, pasta sauces, extracts and artificial flavourings.
Even if I may have once consumed it I will never do again I will try to avoid it at all costs, Alcohol is a sin.
Carpe Vinum
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol ok
ProNoob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Even if I may have once consumed it I will never do again I will try to avoid it at all costs, Alcohol is a sin.
I have to disagree there
Jesus drank wine
But he didnt get drunk on alcohol
So Christians can drink alcohol but not to the point where we get drunk

I wouldnt drink alcohol as i dont know how much i can take and i may become addicted to alcohol

Have fizzy drinks, water, fruit juices and Martinelli

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k3p6hNGuiPY

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeadGirlsDance
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well...thanks for letting us know.
ProNoob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Carpe Vinum)
Lol ok
(Original post by DeadGirlsDance)
Well...thanks for letting us know.
Arnt you the same person?

Posted from TSR Mobile
DeadGirlsDance
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ProNoob)
Arnt you the same person?Posted from TSR Mobile
It's not like it's a secret anymore :lol:
RobML
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I cannot even bare associating with anyone who drinks alcohol
You sound tolerant
T94
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't drink either but please, please don't look down on others that do. There's absolutely nothing wrong with drinking in moderation and as a previous poster mentioned Jesus drank wine too! If you're against it then fair enough but it shouldn't affect your relationship with your family/friends that do drink, that's going way too far.
_Fergo
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Dude, I don't like or drink alcohol either but this closer to paranoia rather than not liking alcohol. Relax -it's not going to kill you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
username927016
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with your family, they key is drinking it in moderation. There's always a risk that you might not be able to control your consumption when you drink a bit though, that's why many people are teetotal.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Impossible.
Wait, what?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When you say drugs, what do you mean? Illegal drugs? Or is caffeine, paracetamol and aspirin a sin too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maria1812
Rep:
?
(Original post by Wait, what?)
When you say drugs, what do you mean? Illegal drugs? Or is caffeine, paracetamol and aspirin a sin too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Illegal drugs
Maria1812
Rep:
?
(Original post by *Stefan*)
Dude, I don't like or drink alcohol either but this closer to paranoia rather than not liking alcohol. Relax -it's not going to kill you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its not because it will kill me its because the effects of alcohol I hate as you can not talk to anyone who has drunk alcohol and people are not themselves and many become agressive or they don't act like themselves which I hate. I never drunk but I see the effects on others
pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its not because it will kill me its because the effects of alcohol I hate as you can not talk to anyone who has drunk alcohol and people are not themselves and many become agressive or they don't act like themselves which I hate. I never drunk but I see the effects on others
You're quite right, one sip of alcohol and people become raging incomprehensible buffoons. Just look at the congregation stumbling down the aisle after communion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.14%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (30)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (27)
14.84%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.13%

Watched Threads