The Student Room Group

So I was interviewing this woman..

I was interviewing a Spanish woman for our company at work and everytime she finished a sentence she kept touching my thighs.

Is this a Spanish cultural / social norm, touchy feely or was she deploying this to try and turn me on and get the job (Spanish economy is ****, a lot of Spanish come to the UK so they can find better work but its still tough?). I am genuinely confused.
No, she was trying to seduce you to get the job. Don't flatter yourself. Also think with your head on the top of your body not the one located on another region :smile:
Original post by TheTruthTeller
No, she was trying to seduce you to get the job. Don't flatter yourself. Also think with your head on the top of your body not the one located on another region :smile:

Can still affect your thought sub-consciously though. Hell just being attracted to the person you are interviewing does in the first place. This all related to why dressing appropriately is important.
I've had women touch my leg, repeatedly touching the thighs is a bit much though..
Reply 4
Original post by Protégé
I've had women touch my leg, repeatedly touching the thighs is a bit much though..

Knee as well ?
It is a Spanish thing ye. British people are mega prudent compared to other cultures.

But ye she probs wanted the job as well. So combination of the two.
yeahhh... No. she wanted the job. she wouldn't have flirted/attempted seduction with you otherwise.

How do I deduce this..? answer these questions honestly :biggrin:

1) Did she make any attempt to introduce herself to you Before the interview and right up to the subsequent realization (on her part) that you were the interviewer? and if so was she flirting with you (in any manner) before the interview and the realization?

2) Had you gone to the interview, as an interviewee yourself, do you think she would've given you the same attention?

If the answers to the above are both 'No', then i'm sorry brother.. She really wanted the job and was prepared to get it by "any means necessary"

(Not that, that way of obtaining the job, would be specifically 'Wrong' of course. It's just the fact that the pathway to the 'promised land', wouldn't have been obtained through the 'normal' route [clubbing, alcohol, partying, one night stands, e.t.c] and it wouldn't have been fair to the other candidates had she gotten the job, because she slept with you.

In addition, I feel like there could/would be legal consequences if she didn't get the job after sex. I say this, as she could claim 'rape' or something, because you didn't give her the job after sleeping with her. This conclusion/added point isn't that much of a stretch of an assumption, because she's clearly crazy enough to attempt to seduce you FOR the job... Ya dig..?)
Reply 7
Original post by theDanIdentity
yeahhh... No. she wanted the job. she wouldn't have flirted/attempted seduction with you otherwise.

How do I deduce this..? answer these questions honestly :biggrin:

1) Did she make any attempt to introduce herself to you Before the interview and right up to the subsequent realization (on her part) that you were the interviewer? and if so was she flirting with you (in any manner) before the interview and the realization?

2) Had you gone to the interview, as an interviewee yourself, do you think she would've given you the same attention?

If the answers to the above are both 'No', then i'm sorry brother.. She really wanted the job and was prepared to get it by "any means necessary"

(Not that, that way of obtaining the job, would be specifically 'Wrong' of course. It's just the fact that the pathway to the 'promised land', wouldn't have been obtained through the 'normal' route [clubbing, alcohol, partying, one night stands, e.t.c] and it wouldn't have been fair to the other candidates had she gotten the job, because she slept with you.

In addition, I feel like there could/would be legal consequences if she didn't get the job after sex. I say this, as she could claim 'rape' or something, because you didn't give her the job after sleeping with her. This conclusion/added point isn't that much of a stretch of an assumption, because she's clearly crazy enough to attempt to seduce you FOR the job... Ya dig..?)

Lol I wouldn't go that far, (who am I Steven Spielberg directing the temple of doom?). Plus its the kind of job where there is more than candidate that will be chosen, several in fact.

My female art teacher used to lightly touch me on the arm as well so I was wondering if it is something women that are a little older, thirties+ do to young men.
(edited 9 years ago)
she wanted D job :colone:
How was she even able to reach your thighs. In most interview settings they'd be a table/desk width away?!
Reply 10
Original post by IanDangerously
How was she even able to reach your thighs. In most interview settings they'd be a table/desk width away?!

An arm extension? I got one incase I need to scratch my balls.
I was interviewing a woman who then proceeded to do the Basic Instinct manouvure

Quick Reply

Latest