OCR History exam help Watch
Currently studying AS history and doing the OCR F961B (British Foreign Policy) and the OCR F964B (German history, more post WW2). I was wondering if someone could help me out with a few things.
Does anyone have a set of tips, obviously both are essays but I know that they need to be done quite differently and would really appreciate the help, for both exams?
Also, I'm really stuck on how to revise for the F964B bit as it's not broken up as clearly as F961B which is broken into: Eastern Question, Scramble for Africa, Causes of WW1 etc.
So any other methods for revision sections of F964B would be great if anyone has any??
For F964/02 here is the structure for the 70 marker...
1. Make a general point E.G. Hitler was lazy...
2. Pick a quote form a source that states this argument...
3. Cross reference with a source that states a similar argument
4. Briefly explain what they mean (not a narrative)
5. Link it to Historical knowledge... E.G. Hitler did have a lazy lifestyle...
6. lastly, Weave in provenance, why does the source state that Hitler was lazy? is it reliable?
hope this helps
I was wondering if provenance should be weaved in throughout the 70 marker, or if simply as a seperate paragraph?!
The examiner's report states "It is far better to integrate issues of provenance (authorship, purpose and audience) into this. It establishes the relative weight to be given to the evidence of a group of sources"
The My Revision Notes: Dictatorship and Democracy in Germany book for the F964B unit is really good and has a lot of sample essays.