The Student Room Group

Why would someone get bored of people easily?

This girl i'm talking to at the moment constantly says about how she gets 'bored' of people easily and that she hates the fact she does...why could this be? I can't really get my head around it...
It could be that she prefers to be alone. But that doesn't mean she should be alone forever. She may also be unsure of what's socially acceptable, or whether asking to do X or Y with Z even once means she depends on Z [it doesn't]
I get bored of people easily too. Reason for me is I like getting to know people, and then when all the "honeymoon" period is over for talking to them, it's like ...what else do you want me to tell you? People usually have pretty boring lives, so I get bored of listening to "not much, what did you do this weekend" type of conversations.

Also, I'm rather selfish and not compassionate, so a lot of the time, I don't really care about most people, which makes it easier to get bored.
i think a lot of people in our generation get bored of people easily - you're so overstimulated all the time that when you talk to a normal person and they don't have much going on in their life it's boring

there are very few people i actually enjoy talking to , but the majority of my close friends i get bored of :P it's when people tell you the same thing again and again or have the same problems again and again

i'm more visceral so if i want to do something i do it , whereas other people are so cerebral that they think EVERYTHING through and i'm just not interested in listening to the process , i'm interested in what they actually go and do (six months later...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending