City University Creative Writing MA Watch

margaretyh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi all,

I'm scouting out Creative Writing MFA programs and haven't seen any alumni reviews of the courses at City University London. I'm curious about both the Fiction and Non-Fiction tracks.

How were the workshops?
Was there enough reading/analysis of contemporary work?
Did you feel as if your writing improved as a result of the course?
Were the professors legitimately interested in you and your work?

I live in the United States, so there is next to no 'word of mouth' about creative writing programs in the UK. How does City hold up to UEA?

Thanks!

Margaret
modupeOlu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm a new applicant this year based in Edinburgh. It would be more straightforward to try and scout out previous or current students/graduates from your desired course and email them.
klc33
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Margaret,

I am also from the USA and was recently accepted to this program. I'm curious to know if you received any feedback or what information you found?

Thanks!

Kayti
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by klc33)
Hi Margaret,

I am also from the USA and was recently accepted to this program. I'm curious to know if you received any feedback or what information you found?

Thanks!

Kayti
Hi Kayti,

Margaret hasn't logged into the site for 18 months.

If you quote her as I have you, it's possible that she might have opted to have Email notifications. Even that is a long shot, though.
margaretyh
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi Kayti,

Congrats! I never did receive any input about City University. I decided to go to the University of East Anglia. They have a fantastic MA creative writing program - it's quite prestigious in the UK. I'm really enjoying it and happy with the decision. Check it out!

Best,

Margaret
klc33
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by margaretyh)
Hi Kayti,

Congrats! I never did receive any input about City University. I decided to go to the University of East Anglia. They have a fantastic MA creative writing program - it's quite prestigious in the UK. I'm really enjoying it and happy with the decision. Check it out!

Best,

Margaret
Thank you for the response! I will definitely check it out! Have you heard anything about City since living in London?

Anyway, enjoy your program - what a great experience!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (196)
71.27%
No I haven't decided yet (48)
17.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (31)
11.27%

Watched Threads