Why are good looking people treated differently?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
First of all I want to establish that I'm not a good looking guy but I don't show it as I'm quite confident but I know I'm not the guy women go for but.. I know these guys that are good looking and literally they get treated so much better than me and this is not just be women but also males. For example they're more popular (not saying this is important to me, but like people that won't even know him suddenly respect him etc) even though they're not the greatest guys in the world, I don't understand it. For example If i tell a hilarious joke and girls won't laugh but if this good looking guy will tell a horrible joke and they'll laugh. It's not even that like people are always constantly craving their attention and they generally just get treated better and it really gets under my nerves. The girl part really bugs me however :/
username1331498
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because it's human nature.

(This is my first post with my seventh rep bar)
FroKane
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because what girls do and what they say they do on facebook are rarely the same thing.
Sycamores
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sadly, this is what most girls do.

Most girls nowadays are extremely shallow and only go for the popular douchebags and then complain 'Omg why can I never find a nice man'...yet they then turn down all the guys whom are genuinely kind to them.
elephont
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Sycamores)
Sadly, this is what most girls do.

Most girls nowadays are extremely shallow and only go for the popular douchebags and then complain 'Omg why can I never find a nice man'...yet they then turn down all the guys whom are genuinely kind to them.
It's not simply about good and bad and women making the wrong choices like people like you make out. Women like masculinity. You shouldn't be with somebody you're not attracted to.
Antifazian
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The confidence they have from realising that they're good looking probably plays a much bigger part in how they're treated than their actual looks
Sycamores
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by elephont)
It's not simply about good and bad and women making the wrong choices like people like you make out. Women like masculinity. You shouldn't be with somebody you're not attracted to.
Indeed they do. However this wasn't my point.

My point is that they aren't even attracted to these men. They simply like them because everyone else does. These types of men normally have a million and one women fawning over them.

Women are attracted to fantasy. They ignore the douche-bagness and just think 'Omg he's cool' or 'Omg he's like a dream'.

These types of women will never go for someone they think they can attain, they'll instead chase the one that looks like god in their eyes.

Think of Christian Grey but in real life.
FroKane
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

My point is that they aren't even attracted to these men. They simply like them because everyone else does. These types of men normally have a million and one women fawning over them.

Women are attracted to fantasy. They ignore the douche-bagness and just think 'Omg he's cool' or 'Omg he's like a dream'.

These types of women will never go for someone they think they can attain, they'll instead chase the one that looks like god in their eyes.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Attached files
The_One1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

This ^^^

Females love to chase, and if you are a good looking guy and have a lot of girls which swoon over you then you aren't giving them each attention, or you are borderline ignoring them. This drives girls crazy. If you are a typical 'nice' guy, and there for them all the time, always available to talk and drop anything you have to do something for her, then you are restricting her from chasing you.

The thrill is in the chase, not the capture.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by The_One1)
This ^^^

Females love to chase, and if you are a good looking guy and have a lot of girls which swoon over you then you aren't giving them each attention, or you are borderline ignoring them. This drives girls crazy. If you are a typical 'nice' guy, and there for them all the time, always available to talk and drop anything you have to do something for her, then you are restricting her from chasing you.

The thrill is in the chase, not the capture.
I think I'm startling to understand because when I was football obsessed a while back, so pretty much all I cared about was football, I was being chased for a while, but this only works if you're good looking right? like surely a not so good looking guy would have to put in effort, correct me if I'm wrong!
karl pilkington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
welcome to life
The Racist Dragon
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
cos they want cute babies
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.53%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (12)
14.12%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
18.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.59%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
18.82%

Watched Threads