What can I do with Level 3 Award in Education and Training (PTTLS)?

Watch this thread
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A few weeks ago I dropped out of a 16+ PGCE as it was very poorly organised and the partnership college I was doing at failed to find me a placement for me to complete the required amount of hours to pass the course. I have considered completing the PGCE somewhere else in September but I'm uncertain if I want to do this or not. I received this qualification due to the assignments I have completed and I'm wondering what I could do with this? I worked as a mentor before I did my degree and have a mentoring qualification (although only a Level 2). I'm not interested in working abroad.
futbol
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Maybe you could be a part time TA? Or run a nursery perhaps.
Europhile
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Do the CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and then get a job in the FE/Private sector. I've done the Trinity CertTESOL and now currently doing the assignments for my PTLLS top up.
gemmam
Rep:
(Original post by futbol)
Maybe you could be a part time TA? Or run a nursery perhaps.
I do like the idea of being a TA however all the adverts I've seen for that role have asked for related NVQs which I wouldn't be able get funding for or afford to pay for myself.
gemmam
Rep:
(Original post by Europhile)
Do the CELTA/Trinity CertTESOL and then get a job in the FE/Private sector. I've done the Trinity CertTESOL and now currently doing the assignments for my PTLLS top up.
I have considered this but can't afford it atm. I remember reading that you dropped out of a PGCE was that a 16+ one too?
Europhile
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gemmam)
I have considered this but can't afford it atm. I remember reading that you dropped out of a PGCE was that a 16+ one too?
I dropped out of a PGCE Secondary course so 11-16. I'm so much happier now.
gemmam
Rep:
I dropped out of a PGCE Secondary course so 11-16. I'm so much happier now.
Good I feel better since I left too. I did buy an online TEFL course a while back which I did part of and put a freeze on to come back to at a later date; however I've heard these can't be used for jobs in the UK is this right? Its ODLQC accredited.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Europhile
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Good I feel better since I left too. I did buy an online TEFL course a while back which I did part of and put a freeze on to come back to at a later date; however I've heard these can't be used for jobs in the UK is this right? Its ODLQC accredited.
That's correct. I believe most in the UK want either the CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL. Those online courses tend to only be accepted in some parts of Southern America and Asia.
gemmam
Rep:
That's correct. I believe most in the UK want either the CELTA or Trinity CertTESOL. Those online courses tend to only be accepted in some parts of Southern America and Asia.
Thanks; might just finish off the course for something to do though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Europhile
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thanks; might just finish off the course for something to do though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Always worth doing. All courses and qualifications you can get are strings in your bow.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (147)
42.12%
Not yet, but I will soon (63)
18.05%
No (139)
39.83%

Watched Threads