TammyChong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
To calculate the charge, we use Q=It. But from the diagram how do I know the value of the current pass through a given point?
Attached files
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TammyChong)
To calculate the charge, we use Q=It. But from the diagram how do I know the value of the current pass through a given point?
Heya, I'm going to put this in the physics forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=372
samb1234
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it d or have I made a mistake?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well you have 2 branches all you need to do is use kirckhoff 1 to make the currents add.
Walex12108
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
whats the answer? you can work back from there to find current for the purpose of understanding how to get it.
Xetter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would have said D too, 3A enter, 1A heads down one branch whilst the other 2A head towards R.

So the calculation using Q=IT would be Q=2×5 remembering I is measured in amps and T is measured in seconds.

2×5 = 10. Q=10. Answer is D!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Walex12108
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Am I reading this wrong but Im looking at as if 1A is approaching a junction and then splits - except 3A spontaneously appears from nowhere.

Ohh wait I think we assume that The 3A is the current when the junctions come to a point, so the arrow on R would be pointing left and upwards. so the R + 1A = 3A therefore R = 2A

Does this make sense ?
Xetter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Walex12108)
Am I reading this wrong but Im looking at as if 1A is approaching a junction and then splits - except 3A spontaneously appears from nowhere.

Ohh wait I think we assume that The 3A is the current when the junctions come to a point, so the arrow on R would be pointing left and upwards. so the R + 1A = 3A therefore R = 2A

Does this make sense ?
The second paragraph is exactly it! 1+2=3! Arrow pointing NW

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Nottingham
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
66.29%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.71%

Watched Threads