I need help in choosing my A-Levels Subjects

Watch
dina_sam
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,
I'm doing my GCSE's now(Psychology,Law,Maths,Business and English).
I want to choose my A-levels Subjects but I need help and advice.
I will be majoring either in Finance and accounting or Marketing and HR or Business Management in uni.I thought of choosing:
Option 1 : Economics,Maths and Politics(AQA)
Option 2: Economics,Maths and Business Studies
Any suggestions or thoughts?
RainReader
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Your second option is quite similar, and I think for some universities there is a problem with doing Economics and Business Studies if they make up your three main A Levels. Your first option sounds good, a nice mix Is there any way you could also do a fourth to keep your options open? Business Studies shouldn't be a problem as a fourth A Level.
dina_sam
Rep:
?
Actually ya I can choose 4 subjects for my A-levels.
Do you have any suggestions for the 4th subject.
Because as you said, universities consider business as a weak subject!!
What about psychology,media studies or sociology? Any recommendation?
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by dina_sam)
Actually ya I can choose 4 subjects for my A-levels.
Do you have any suggestions for the 4th subject.
Because as you said, universities consider business as a weak subject!!
What about psychology,media studies or sociology? Any recommendation?
Not necessarily as a weak subject, it's just not the most favourably looked upon combination Pyschology, maybe? As I said, Business would probably be fine as a fourth subject, the only thing is you would likely have to drop it for A2, whereas you wouldn't have to with most other subjects. What do you think you would enjoy most?
dina_sam
Rep:
?
So what you are saying is that i should take :Maths,Economics,Politics and Business and drop business for A2?

So I am going to take Economics and Maths for sure. What do you suggest another subject instead of Politics?(For the third subject)

I want something easy as my fourth subject so it could help me to get higher grades. What do you think?

Thank you so much for being here and for answering my questions
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So what you are saying is that i should take :Maths,Economics,Politics and Business and drop business for A2?

So I am going to take Economics and Maths for sure. What do you suggest another subject instead of Politics?(For the third subject)

I want something easy as my fourth subject so it could help me to get higher grades. What do you think?

Thank you so much for being here and for answering my questions
I think take Economics, Maths and Politics. Then as your fourth either take Business Studies, and drop it A2, or take something else, in which case it doesn't matter as much which one you drop (you don't have to decide which one you will drop after AS beforehand).

As for what subjects are easier, I don't know, but I do know that things you enjoy don't seem to be as much work. Media, (which you suggested earlier), won't necessarily be easy, as it will be a large workload, probably quite coursework heavy. What subject would you like to take as your fourth?

And you're welcome
dina_sam
Rep:
?
We'll i might just go for business as my forth since I'm taking it in GCSE.
But it's not necessary to take a forth subject as my college said ''Most students choose three because it's a min. to enter universities.'' But as i said before im just going to put it as my forth subject and if i didnt enjoy it i'll drop it in later.
One more question for dropping a subject can i drop it in the first year of A-levels? and when? Meaning can i do it for one year then in the second year drop it? And can i drop in the first few weeks of As?
RainReader
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
We'll i might just go for business as my forth since I'm taking it in GCSE.
But it's not necessary to take a forth subject as my college said ''Most students choose three because it's a min. to enter universities.'' But as i said before im just going to put it as my forth subject and if i didnt enjoy it i'll drop it in later.
One more question for dropping a subject can i drop it in the first year of A-levels? and when? Meaning can i do it for one year then in the second year drop it? And can i drop in the first few weeks of As?
Yes that's right- universities usually only require three subjects but it's often worth taking four to keep your options open.

As for dropping a subject, that is something you will have to check with your college as it varies depending on where you take your A Levels
dina_sam
Rep:
?
Ya then I'll just go for business.And I'll check with my college.
Thank you so much!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.79%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
17.19%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
14.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.7%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19%

Watched Threads