Are tube transfers included in train ticket? I'm travelling in 3 hours!?!?

Watch
Wilsonab99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've just recived the email conforming my journey from Newcastle to Gatwick airport.

I'm a totally newbie when it comes to travelling, this is my first time on a train!

Sounds silly but if my train arrive at London Kings Corss at 01.06 how can i get on the tube transfer at 01.06? And is this journey included on my ticket or will i need to purchase one?

Thanks
Attached files
ImAHobbit
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The underground dosent run to Gatwick Airport. Your best bet is a Direct rail service from St Pancras International (next to Kings Cross) to Gatwick Airport. You'll have to buy a ticket for this.
ImAHobbit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ive just read your edited post now. and yes all the journeys are pert of your ticket. Once you get off at Kings cross your meant to get your transfer at St Pancreas. Tube come and go in mins so don't worry about missing that specific one just jump on the next one going to victoria.

look for the victoria line at kings cross and follow for that platform.
ImAHobbit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The direct route

The stations at King’s Cross and St Pancras International are linked together, offering a wide network of travel options all over the country. Simply head to King’s Cross and walk over the concourse to get to the St Pancras International station. Here you can take a direct train to Gatwick Airport.
The journey time takes between approximately 45 minutes and an hour, depending on the time of day with the service being operated by First Capital Connect. Check online to confirm departure times and book tickets. The station at Gatwick is located directly underneath the South Terminal, with lifts and escalators to take you straight into the building.
A little bit longer

An alternative method is to travel from King’s Cross to London Victoria, then on to Gatwick Airport. Go into King’s Cross Underground station and take the Victoria line (pale blue) southbound. Victoria mainline and underground station is just 5 stops away.
The usual tube rules apply – have your ticket ready to slot straight into the barriers and don’t get in people’s way on the escalator. If you have bulky luggage that won’t fit through the narrow gap, look for the wide, manned gates to one side as you exit the underground station.
Head towards Victoria mainline station and you’ll find all the departure boards. Southern Trains operate a stopping service to Gatwick that takes approximately 35 minutes. You’ll arrive underneath the South Terminal of the airport.
Wilsonab99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ImAHobbit)
Ive just read your edited post now. and yes all the journeys are pert of your ticket. Once you get off at Kings cross your meant to get your transfer at St Pancreas. Tube come and go in mins so don't worry about missing that specific one just jump on the next one going to victoria.

look for the victoria line at kings cross and follow for that platform.
But if i miss that tube will i not miss my train?
ImAHobbit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilsonab99)
Would've been wise to have done you research before booking your ticket.
If i was in your position i would just pay that little extra to get the direct journey from St Pancreas to Gatwick. Rather than stop at victoria.
ImAHobbit
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Wilsonab99)
You have your journey itinerary but do you have the actual tickets on you?
the tickets should give you some idea as to weather they are advance tickets meaning you have to catch that train/tube or if they are anytime.
audi_turbo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The tube from Kings Cross to Victoria takes about ten minutes. But the last Victoria line train out of Kings Cross going south wouldve gone by then. You can get the N73 night bus from Kings Cross directly to Victoria, have a look on tfl.gov.uk at the journey planner for more information.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (161)
14.45%
I'm not sure (50)
4.49%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (330)
29.62%
I have already dropped out (33)
2.96%
I'm not a current university student (540)
48.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed