The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Accommodation- insurance choice

Hi, does anyone have an idea on what the chances are of getting into catered accommodation at Nottingham if I put them as my insurance choice? Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
Original post by Bofur
Hi, does anyone have an idea on what the chances are of getting into catered accommodation at Nottingham if I put them as my insurance choice? Thanks in advance.

I am a first year at Nottingham (so currently in halls) and when I applied, you had to put Nottingham as your FIRST choice in order to be able to apply for accommodation - so I'm not sure!

Are you talking about University of Notts or Nottingham Trent?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by qwertyh
I am a first year at Nottingham (so currently in halls) and when I applied, you had to put Nottingham as your FIRST choice in order to be able to apply for accommodation - so I'm not sure!

Are you talking about University of Notts or Nottingham Trent?

So if you did put it as insurance choice, how do you apply?
Reply 3
You have to firm them first, if you're rejected by your first choice, I believe. I was just wondering how much that decreases your chances of being able to be in catered accommodation.
Original post by Bofur
You have to firm them first, if you're rejected by your first choice, I believe. I was just wondering how much that decreases your chances of being able to be in catered accommodation.

I don't get it! How can you firm them, if I've put another university down as my firm? Does that basically mean that I have to wait till results day to apply for accommodation, because that's when my choice will be made firm if I don't make it into my firm choice uni?
So confusing :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by lionelmessi19
I don't get it! How can you firm them, if I've put another university down as my firm? Does that basically mean that I have to wait till results day to apply for accommodation, because that's when my choice will be made firm if I don't make it into my firm choice uni?
So confusing :confused:

Yeah that's correct, so on results day if you don't get into your first choice uni, then Nottingham becomes your confirmed offer first choice, and THEN you can apply for your accommodation.

I know it's a stupid system, some unis allow you to apply as soon as you receive your offer (even if you don't choice them as your first/insurance choices) and some you have to have firmed them to apply!
Original post by qwertyh
Yeah that's correct, so on results day if you don't get into your first choice uni, then Nottingham becomes your confirmed offer first choice, and THEN you can apply for your accommodation.

I know it's a stupid system, some unis allow you to apply as soon as you receive your offer (even if you don't choice them as your first/insurance choices) and some you have to have firmed them to apply!

Some don't allocate rooms until August which is fairer.
Original post by qwertyh

Oh right ok.. Thanks for that. I know that some places for accommodation, such as riverside point and st peters court allow applications by insurance holders if you apply directly through unite students.. Is it a good idea to do that? And do you know whether nottingham uni has plenty of spaces for insurance holders in august? Thanks for your help,, really appreciate it :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending