The Student Room Group

AS AQA Religious Studies RSS01 Ethics Predictions

Hi,

I would like to know if anyone knows any possible questions that could come up for the 2015 Religious Studies AQA Ethics paper RSS01.
Focus topics on:

Utilitarianism
Abortion & Euthanasia

Thanks in advance.

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing this paper too, along with RSS02. Been taught all 4 topics, but going to focus on Utilitarianism and Situation Ethics for the exam, as well as making sure I know abortion & euthanasia in case either of the other 2 questions are dodgy.
Reply 2
Original post by ohmyapplepie
I'm doing this paper too, along with RSS02. Been taught all 4 topics, but going to focus on Utilitarianism and Situation Ethics for the exam, as well as making sure I know abortion & euthanasia in case either of the other 2 questions are dodgy.

same here - I am also doing Utilitarianism and Situations Ethics for RSS01
I am retaking this paper and I was wondering if anyone has any idea on the possible questions.
Reply 3
For the 2014 paper, do you remember what the question for Abortion and Euthanasia was A01 & A02? As I've done every past paper but the 2014 for that topic
I was given the paper the other day to look through, they were:

AO1) Examine the following definitons for the start of human life and explain their relevance to the abortion debate: conception, primitive streak, viability. (30 marks)

AO2) 'Abortion should be illegal.' How far can religion support this view?
(15 marks)
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 5
Thank you very much!
Think that paper is on the AQA website now, they've published last year's papers.
I'm resitting this paper too, focusing on SE and Utilitarianism but I might revise Value of Human Life. How are you guys revising? I've made notes from the textbook (which isn't great imo) which I'm going to review over the next week and do a couple of past papers. I got a B last year and really want to bump the grade up but I'm not too fond of this exam.
Original post by ohmyapplepie
Think that paper is on the AQA website now, they've published last year's papers.

Yes, you're right! Here's the link to last years paper, just to save anyone the trouble of looking if you're interested: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-RSS01-QP-JUN14.PDF
Reply 9
Original post by edgarcats
I'm resitting this paper too, focusing on SE and Utilitarianism but I might revise Value of Human Life. How are you guys revising? I've made notes from the textbook (which isn't great imo) which I'm going to review over the next week and do a couple of past papers. I got a B last year and really want to bump the grade up but I'm not too fond of this exam.

Hi, I'm doing Situation Ethics and Abortion & Euthanasia, do you have any tips on how to get really high marks. I know the content and the information required but its just about how I'm applying it in my essay :/
Original post by Dmata
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone knows any possible questions that could come up for the 2015 Religious Studies AQA Ethics paper RSS01.
Focus topics on:

Utilitarianism
Abortion & Euthanasia

Thanks in advance.

My teacher has suggested to me that there may be a question on both Abortion and Euthanasia. He said that this has happened very few times before, which is why he thinks it might be the case this year, and if not, it will likely be on Euthanasia, due to the fact that Abortion has appeared more frequently in past exam papers.
Original post by arrow_h
Hi, I'm doing Situation Ethics and Abortion & Euthanasia, do you have any tips on how to get really high marks. I know the content and the information required but its just about how I'm applying it in my essay :/

Hi, I have been doing a lot of essays in preparation for this exam and getting them marked by my teacher, and I'll tell you what I understand about accessing the higher marks.

First of all, always make sure you can include some form of detail in your paragraphs, by which I mean examples of quotes, teachings or applying a statement to a hypothetical situation to illustrate your point. It's very useful to include these sorts of things as it shows the depth of your understanding.

Furthermore, try and maintain focus on the question, consistent reference to the question to show that you're answering it and remaining on task is key, in order to show the examiner that you are addressing and answering the question.

I have been given 30/30 marks on several of my essays for Abortion and Euthanasia, if you would like me to share some with you I'd be happy to do that! As for SE, I'm afraid I'm not studying that.
Reply 12
Original post by Adlucinor
Hi, I have been doing a lot of essays in preparation for this exam and getting them marked by my teacher, and I'll tell you what I understand about accessing the higher marks.

First of all, always make sure you can include some form of detail in your paragraphs, by which I mean examples of quotes, teachings or applying a statement to a hypothetical situation to illustrate your point. It's very useful to include these sorts of things as it shows the depth of your understanding.

Furthermore, try and maintain focus on the question, consistent reference to the question to show that you're answering it and remaining on task is key, in order to show the examiner that you are addressing and answering the question.

I have been given 30/30 marks on several of my essays for Abortion and Euthanasia, if you would like me to share some with you I'd be happy to do that! As for SE, I'm afraid I'm not studying that.

Thank you for the help. I think it will be beneficial for me if I saw examples of essays from you if you're getting really high marks on Abortion and Euthanasia, so can you share them with me please?
I got 86/90 in my latest rs mock and im willing to show my answers to 2014 Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism if anyone needs it?
Reply 14
Situation ethics please? :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Kings_queens
I got 86/90 in my latest rs mock and im willing to show my answers to 2014 Situation Ethics and Utilitarianism if anyone needs it?

Situation ethics please? :smile:
send me a private message with your email and which topics so i can send it to you :smile: apologies in advance... if you cant read my handwriting im sorry lol
I do the ethics paper too and plan ondoimg utilitarianism and abortion and euthanasia.

For utilitarianism, it's likely that there will be a question on the general principles.

For euthanasia and aboration, my teacher also predicts that it will be tested on both or just euthanasia.
Reply 18
Original post by chaotic.school
I do the ethics paper too and plan ondoimg utilitarianism and abortion and euthanasia.

For utilitarianism, it's likely that there will be a question on the general principles.

For euthanasia and aboration, my teacher also predicts that it will be tested on both or just euthanasia.

If it will be tested on both for euthanasia and abortion, would they possible ask for religious arguments against the ending of life, similar to the 2011 June paper?
Anybody have any predictions for AQA RSS03 or RSS02?

Quick Reply

Latest