The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Did anyone living local get student accomodation at Chester Uni?

I'm starting university at Chester this year (2015) but I'm worried about accommodation.
All my friends I have spoken to who live in the same area I do (about on hour away by train to Chester) say they didn't get accommodation on campus or any of which owned by the university in the city.
I was wondering if anyone who has gone to Chester Uni in the last few years who lives in the Manchester area or anywhere around an hour away got uni accommodation?

Am I better off not waiting for the university to respond in August whether or not my accommodation application has been successful and just rent a room privately owned?

Thanks guys
Reply 1
In my three years at Uni and keeping in touch with people since I left, I've never known anyone local to the area get on site accommodation. I know most of Manchester used to be just outside the radius they used, but even then... I'd advise you to put the feelers out for local accommodation,
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Hi, we contacted the Accommodation office to get the official stance on accommodation this year. This is what we found out:

β€œIn answer to your question about location, at this stage it is impossible for us to provide a definite answer as distances to which we can allocate to changes year on year, but as we now have Tramways on our portfolio we have more accommodation than ever before and are therefore able to allocate an additional 398 students to accommodation. Places will be allocated in line with our allocation policy, which can be found here: http://www.chester.ac.uk/accommodation/prospective-students/how-to-apply

Alternatively, we would advise searching on Student Pad. The Accommodation Office uses StudentPad to advertise all private sector properties. All properties on the University of Chester pages are currently accredited/ approved or "student stamped" by the local authority housing team. The website will be updated on a regular basis so please keep checking for any changes or new adverts to appear.

To view the properties currently on the website please follow the link below:

http://www.chesterstudentstamp.co.uk/Accommodation
Did you manage to get accommodation? Im having the same problem but for Birmingham city uni

Quick Reply

Latest