The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Pgce interview at worcester..any tips please

hey guys,

I have interview coming up at Worcester Uni. Any tips would be great.How was the group task?
Reply 1
Original post by Hennaa123
hey guys,

I have interview coming up at Worcester Uni. Any tips would be great.How was the group task?

I had my pgce interview at worcester in January and I'll going there for PGCE Secondary English in September :smile: what are you applying for?

Group task isn't as intimidating as it may seem. We had our written tasks first and then a break where we could talk to each other - I'd recommend this as it'll put you more at ease. Essentially the group task is looking for you both to contribute your own answers and to listen to what others have to say and maybe build on their ideas or come up with a reasoned argument as to why you disagree - don't be too pushy, but equally make sure you say something you have considered :smile:

I really like the university - seems very well organised but at the same time comfortable and supportive :smile: good luck! If you have any questions I'd be happy to help if I can :smile: x
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Reply 2
Thank you for this advice! I am very nervous

I am applying for PGCE Primary 5-11, did you have to present a planned activity?
Reply 3
Thank you for this advice! I am very nervous

I am applying for PGCE Primary 5-11, did you have to present a planned activity?

We had to present for 5 minutes on a lesson plan. It was the thing I was most nervous about on the day but actually nerves help you to make sure you mention everything you want :smile: don't worry about being nervous because that can actually help you :smile: it wasn't too bad because we were told that it didn't matter if you didn't get through everything as long as you were being clear and explaining things - I think that they get you to present it to see if you could be confident when standing in front of a class - I know yours is a little different but I would just say make sure you practice so that you are clear on what you're talking about but also so that you know you aren't rushing and you are delivering clearly - it is really a presentation of yourself, not just the content of your task :smile:

We also had to talk about what we think we could have done better in our presentations during our individual interviews so think about what you might have included if you had more time, how you could have spoken better etc. it's all about the reflective practice :smile: x
Reply 4
Original post by HelenaD
We had to present for 5 minutes on a lesson plan. It was the thing I was most nervous about on the day but actually nerves help you to make sure you mention everything you want :smile: don't worry about being nervous because that can actually help you :smile: it wasn't too bad because we were told that it didn't matter if you didn't get through everything as long as you were being clear and explaining things - I think that they get you to present it to see if you could be confident when standing in front of a class - I know yours is a little different but I would just say make sure you practice so that you are clear on what you're talking about but also so that you know you aren't rushing and you are delivering clearly - it is really a presentation of yourself, not just the content of your task :smile:

We also had to talk about what we think we could have done better in our presentations during our individual interviews so think about what you might have included if you had more time, how you could have spoken better etc. it's all about the reflective practice :smile: x

okay I am terrified about the task. How was the English task?
Reply 5
okay I am terrified about the task. How was the English task?

English was really broad - just had to present a lesson plan at key stage 3 - I did mine on some war poetry but I could' ve chosen anything from the curriculum. I think the main thing to remember is that other interviewees are in the same position as you so don't panic - obviously they aren't expecting you to be perfect already or you wouldn't need the course, you just have to show some potential :smile: I'm sure that you can do it :smile: x
Reply 6
Original post by HelenaD
English was really broad - just had to present a lesson plan at key stage 3 - I did mine on some war poetry but I could' ve chosen anything from the curriculum. I think the main thing to remember is that other interviewees are in the same position as you so don't panic - obviously they aren't expecting you to be perfect already or you wouldn't need the course, you just have to show some potential :smile: I'm sure that you can do it :smile: x

That has helped a lot!

Thank you sooo much. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest