hnd or complete extended diploma?

Watch this thread
jdaisy
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I hope to study biomedical science or biochemisty at university in the next few years but i have a problem. I am currently studying my first year in a btec extended diploma in applied science (medical) I am predicted d*d*d* but I don't like it. I have been looking at applying for a hnd as I have enough ucas points and it looks like a really intresting course but not many universities seem to list hnc/hnd in entry requirements for biochemistry/biomedical science. Should I stay on the extended diploma? If I leave I will still get a subsidiary diploma.
Caroljo
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jdaisy)
I hope to study biomedical science or biochemisty at university in the next few years but i have a problem. I am currently studying my first year in a btec extended diploma in applied science (medical) I am predicted d*d*d* but I don't like it. I have been looking at applying for a hnd as I have enough ucas points and it looks like a really intresting course but not many universities seem to list hnc/hnd in entry requirements for biochemistry/biomedical science. Should I stay on the extended diploma? If I leave I will still get a subsidiary diploma.
The main thing I would consider is whether the HNC would be that greatly different from the BTEC, because I am sure when you were applying for the BTEC 'it looked really interesting' too. Personally if I were doing so well as you are, I would stick with it.

If you have particular universities that your interested in call admissions to see whether they accept the HNC, don't think it will be a problem.
jdaisy
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Thanks for the reply. I think I'm going to email some universities. The thing is that I didn't actually want to do the extended diploma I was originally advised to do the hnd but didn't have enough ucas points. I'm pretty much guaranteed decent grades If continue I just don't like it. I don't know If it's stupid of me to leave because of that though.
Caroljo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
If changing courses doesn't mean you have to spend an extra year studying to get your degree then I would change,if you dislike it that much. On the positive, at least your grades are not suffering, some students grades really suffer when they are not enjoying the course.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (95)
28.44%
It went fairly well (157)
47.01%
It didn't go too well (55)
16.47%
TERRIBLE! (27)
8.08%

Watched Threads