The Stories Behind Everyone's Nicknames... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tednol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
A bloke I used to share a boarding house had a good friend whose name was Brignull.

My name is Ed, and I get called Ed, Eddie, Ted, Teddy etc.

Somewhere along the line, this friend decided to call me Tednull. I spelt it Tednol when I signed up to the board and thats it! Dull dull dull.
AllergicToFairydust
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Mine is very simple

I play the piano (11 years, Grade 7), violin (6 years, grade 5) and clarinet (4 months, grade ?)

My real first name Charlotte (after apple charlotte cakes - my mum had a thing about these while carrying me) was shorten to Charlie in Year 4 - by my teacher!! He said Charlotte was too long so Charlie stuck (with everyone including teachers!) until year 7.
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Petrozzi
My surname, 'nuff said.
that is such a cool surname...
mine is so boring...it's mcnair + now my bf has been joking about macnair from harry potter being a death eater + so i'm just evil...
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by lou p lou
that is such a cool surname...
mine is so boring...it's mcnair + now my bf has been joking about macnair from harry potter being a death eater + so i'm just evil...
Why thank you, but it comes with a price... spelling mistakes and mispronunciation.

Oh and McNair is fine in my opinion
Freakazoid!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I have that brain problem.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Freakazoid!
I have that brain problem.
and what brain problem would that be?

Oh, I get it... memento.
rachelina*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I hate my surname! Its like the commonest ever! Taylor..sigh*..and since I'm so crap at sewing or design or anything like that you will not believe the amount of teachers who think they're funny making jokes about it. Thank the Gods that I don't havta take FT or DT anymore.
bloodhound
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think Taylor is a really cool surname, at least you share it with a really famous mathematician. my Surname is Shrestha, i dare u to pronounce it
rachelina*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Sh-res-tha. Did it
Famous mathematician? Um..who? haha and you know why I have the same name as someone? COZ ITS COMMON..sigh*..all my besties have cool last names. It makes me cry.
Petrozzi
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
What's in a name?
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
mine has a very deep meaning-it would take thousands of posts just to explain
bijou
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
well... everyone seem to have really interesting 'stories' behind their nicknames. me, well... the meaning of my nickname is 'something small and pretty' or 'a jewel' (that's French, for those who are wondering). i don't personally think i am pretty but it's a damn sad fact that i AM small! so... there it goes...
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My grandad used to call me Cricket before he died. My real name is Christina though. I'm trying to find a picture of Jiminy Cricket to go with my name. No luck though.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Well my name came about after I had one of those puffa jacket things when they were in fashion years ago...well anyway they were stuffed with duck down feathers for warmth, and I had a tiny hole in the lining of my jacket so feathers used to escape and stick to my back. From this, some boys who sat behind me in maths decided I must enjoy the company of chickens if you get what I mean, so the name Chicken stuck and its been my nickname for about 5 years now. Year 9 humour is just so juvenile isn't it?!
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
ooops that one was me, after all that about logging out last night, I forgot I wasn't logged in when I came back this morning!!!
miaow
Report 16 years ago
hmm lala
katrina->kat->cat and cats go miaow

i have another nickname though 'moon beam' i could tell you the story but it's quite long and maybe a little dull.
cricket
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You could always give us the cliff notes version of your story
miaow
Report 16 years ago
someone brought a stone into nursary and said it was from the moon. the teacher said that if it touched anyone on the head that they would be teleported to the moon. she asked if anyone wanted to go to the moon and i, not having thought it through, put up my hand. so she came over to me and was just about to touch the moon stone to my head when i started screaming and crying 'i don't want to go to the moon' because i had realised that if i did end up on the moon how would i possibly get back? and who would be there to look after me? so instead of sending me to the moon, she gave me a nickname.
i told you it was dull...so moon beam it is then, but i like miaow better

bijou...if you ever come back here to give a reprise of your one post, we had a business incentive scheme called bijou this year. we had a website but i think my friend destroyed it after it ended. we had a pretty logo though and we got quite good at getting money out of all the rich year 7s.
Adhsur
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Hehehe, my name is just the reverse of my real name!
Ollie
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
that makes me revilo!
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (24)
16.78%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (23)
16.08%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (29)
20.28%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (56)
39.16%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (4)
2.8%
No particular grades needed (7)
4.9%