Masters in Architecture

Watch this thread
Nicolette13
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Please, can anyone tell me what is better? Kingston, London Met or Westminster? (MA Architecture courses) I got unconditional offer from them.

I lived in Russia and got my Bachelor degree there. Now I want to study for my masters in the UK. What better to choose? I also applied to Oxford Brooks and Manchester, Edinburgh and Newcastle... and Cambridge.
(I also applied for Delft and some other Europen universities)
Should I apply for March (Riba pt 2) courses? Is it difficult to gain Riba pt 1 during my stay.
I would like to work for 1 or 2 years after graduating before going back to my home country.
Please, explain to me these peculiarities of UK education
(And sorry for my poor English)
Nicolette13
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hey... please
Kurukowakwakers
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Met and Westminster are much better than Kingston. I think this is fairly excepted. Met is unbelievably exciting at the moment, there's a lot of very cool tutors now working there! They just refurbed the studios and they look pretty dam good! Westminster is very strong also. At least one of the units do some 1 to 1 pavillions at burning man that look pretty good. Newcastle is alright, but a bit boring in terms of research. Edinburgh is strong but they tend to be doing research that's a few years behind UCL/AA. Brooke's is strong, has a few Bartlett tutors there. Cambridge is a very short PHD masquerading as an MA, be warned you won't be designing much! Though I'm sure the theory is very good.

The best schools are Bartlett and AA, there's not much arguing in that. Bartlett is more craft focused and AA more theory focused.

Ring the RIBA or ARB to see whether you need to take part one exams

Source: Bartlett MA student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (36)
27.07%
As I expected (44)
33.08%
Harder (46)
34.59%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
5.26%

Watched Threads