The Student Room Group

Positive PGCE experiences?

There are a lot of threads on this board that provide accounts of negative PGCE/general teaching experiences, so I was wondering if anyone would like to share some positive experiences - of ITT, NQT year or even afterwards - so that potential future teachers aren't totally put off the idea! :wink:
Nice thread idea! Although I do think we're too tired/busy/run ragged 95% of the time to even consider whether this is a 'positive' experience! Generally my PGCE experience has just been one of 'trying to survive the day'.

Aaanyway, that said...I am feeling (gasp) a bit happier today. I think because I came up with a good lesson idea, planned it to the smallest detail, delivered it well, got a BOTTOM SET to do a good hour's worth of quality work...and got them to (genuinely) enjoy it (believe me, they let you know when they don't). Check me out!

Pretty sure I'll be back to run ragged by next week, but we've all got to remember to enjoy our triumphs. Chin up folks!
Reply 2
Someone posted this a week or so ago. The current students PGCE thread also isn't entirely negative
Reply 3
Original post by Samus2
Someone posted this a week or so ago. The current students PGCE thread also isn't entirely negative

Umm yeah, me - hence the original post was made 6 days ago? Also I clearly said that it was intended to be a positive thread that might benefit FUTURE students, who I doubt will trawl through 6100+ posts in the current students thread to try and seek out wisps of positivity.

Original post by greenbeans123
Nice thread idea! Although I do think we're too tired/busy/run ragged 95% of the time to even consider whether this is a 'positive' experience! Generally my PGCE experience has just been one of 'trying to survive the day'.

Aaanyway, that said...I am feeling (gasp) a bit happier today. I think because I came up with a good lesson idea, planned it to the smallest detail, delivered it well, got a BOTTOM SET to do a good hour's worth of quality work...and got them to (genuinely) enjoy it (believe me, they let you know when they don't). Check me out!

Pretty sure I'll be back to run ragged by next week, but we've all got to remember to enjoy our triumphs. Chin up folks!

Congratulations on your successful lesson! You must feel so proud of your self, especially given that the students actually enjoyed it :smile: well done!
As a future student myself (starting September) it's great to hear that it's not all doom and gloom! :wink: xx
Reply 4
Original post by xjosielr
Umm yeah, me - hence the original post was made 6 days ago? Also I clearly said that it was intended to be a positive thread that might benefit FUTURE students, who I doubt will trawl through 6100+ posts in the current students thread to try and seek out wisps of positivity.

Congratulations on your successful lesson! You must feel so proud of your self, especially given that the students actually enjoyed it :smile: well done!
As a future student myself (starting September) it's great to hear that it's not all doom and gloom! :wink: xx

here it is
Original post by Samus2

It's got a lot better since I changed the thread title from 'Never been so tired or stressed', that's for sure!

Quick Reply

Latest