The Student Room Group

Job Information

Hi guys!
I am in year 9 and I want to be a Pharmacist. I gave in my option form and I picked art and photography, spanish, history and geography. Do you lot think this would get me into becoming a pharmacist. I also want to know what you do as a Pharmacist, what you should do after your gcse. I also wanted to say Pharmacist takes years to complete and get a degree, I want to earn money whilst learning to become a Pharmacist is it possible.
Thank you soo much for replying.
Reply 1
For you to got to university and train to be a Pharmacist you will need
A-B grade A-levels in chemistry and two of biology/mathematics/physics.

Have a look at this website it will tell you everything you want to know
http://www.rpharms.com/home/about-pharmacy.asp

Yes it is possible to work part time whilst you are studying.

Good luck!
Thank you very much for your advice. I just wanted to say the options I picked (art and photography, history, geography and spanish) is it ok and would this affect me for not being able to be a Pharmacist.
Original post by essiescarlett
Thank you very much for your advice. I just wanted to say the options I picked (art and photography, history, geography and spanish) is it ok and would this affect me for not being able to be a Pharmacist.

you will not get onto a pharmacy course with those subjects

you need to take the subjects the poster above gave you
Reply 4

Have you the option of doing GCSE Triple Sciences (Chemistry and Biology) or further Maths? Because they are more relevant. You need to be good at the Sciences, so if you don't enjoy these subjects or they are not your strongest perhaps you need to consider other options.

Why do you want to be a Pharmacist? As you mentioned in your previous post that you don't really know what the job involves, so just wondering where the idea come from?

When picking your options I would think about the ones that I enjoy most and that I am good at, the options you have chosen seemed varied, which is good.
Hi guys!
I am in year 9 and I want to be a Pharmacist. I gave in my option form and I picked art and photography, spanish, history and geography. Do you lot think this would get me into becoming a pharmacist. I also want to know what you do as a Pharmacist, what you should do after your gcse. I also wanted to say Pharmacist takes years to complete and get a degree, I want to earn money whilst learning to become a Pharmacist is it possible.
Thank you soo much for replying.

Hi,

It's lovely to know that someone at your age already knows they want to be a Pharmacist. It shows great passion.

Alongside those options, will you be undertaking a Maths and Science GSCE? I ask this because to get onto an MPharm course (the route you will need to take) firstly you would need a C and above in English and Maths at GSCE, secondly you would need to chose Chemistry and one other science at A-Level.
All MPharm courses will require a chemistry A-Level, and in order take such an A-Level you would have had to take a science GSCE.

I hope this helps.

If you have any questions, pop me a message and i'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Sammi :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending