AQA AS Sociology Families and households/ Education&research methods predictions?

Watch
a.phillips97
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I was wondering if anyone has any predictions to what will come up in the exam for families and households and education with research methods?
MikeyWatts
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey. I've seen many people on here saying Social Policy and Childhood are very likely. However a theory question could come up to. As Marriage/Divorce and Aging population came up last year you can rule them out. I'd say Social Policy, Childhood, Theory (likely feminism) and family diversity are all very possible, but the first two especially.

For education I really don't know. It would be safe to know class, education and gender all very well. My teacher says that labelling, Policies + education market, Policies + class can come up.
I've looked to see anyone else's predictions on here but I've only found predictions of family.

For Research Methods my teacher says that Postal questionnaires, Personal Documents + Historical Documents, unstructured interviews are likely.

Overall its best to revise a good range of topics for each to ensure success.
j22b22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! those predictions are great... what do you mean by social policy for families and households?
MikeyWatts
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by j22b22)
Hey! those predictions are great... what do you mean by social policy for families and households?
Hey, yep social policy for Family and Households.
Jessmegannn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey. I've seen many people on here saying Social Policy and Childhood are very likely. However a theory question could come up to. As Marriage/Divorce and Aging population came up last year you can rule them out. I'd say Social Policy, Childhood, Theory (likely feminism) and family diversity are all very possible, but the first two especially.

For education I really don't know. It would be safe to know class, education and gender all very well. My teacher says that labelling, Policies + education market, Policies + class can come up.
I've looked to see anyone else's predictions on here but I've only found predictions of family.

For Research Methods my teacher says that Postal questionnaires, Personal Documents + Historical Documents, unstructured interviews are likely.

Overall its best to revise a good range of topics for each to ensure success.
Thank you this was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!!
MikeyWatts
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Jessmegannn)
Thank you this was exactly the sort of thing I was looking for!!
Your welcome! Hope this helps
clairebear0398
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi I was wondering if you guys could help me. Can any of show me how to structure an essay for families and households and education and research methods , I don't no how to structure an essay
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Had lockdown impacted your relationships?

Yes, my partner and I are struggling (35)
7.85%
Yes, my partner and I broke up (37)
8.3%
Yes, it's hard being around my family so much (109)
24.44%
Yes, I'm feeling lonely isolating alone (59)
13.23%
No, nothing has changed (133)
29.82%
No, it's helped improve my relationships (73)
16.37%

Watched Threads