WJEC AS Biology BY1 - Thursday 21st May 2015

Watch this thread
Poll: How confident are you for the BY1 exam? 10 is most confident and 1 is least confident
1 (3)
5%
2 (2)
3.33%
3 (4)
6.67%
4 (4)
6.67%
5 (5)
8.33%
6 (0)
0%
7 (15)
25%
8 (19)
31.67%
9 (5)
8.33%
10 (3)
5%
theboss1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi Guys,

There was no thread on this so I thought I would make one.

So generally, how do you feel about your preparation to the exam? Any exam tips or any revision tips?

Also, how confident are you on a scale of 1-10?

Finally, just write down the grades for each Module that you think you would achieve. For example: BY1 (A) BY2 (A) BY3 (B)

Regards and good luck!
ManEatingFish
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
I was feeling confident, and I'm happy with most topics. I've just been going over details, but I had a past paper today and I've lost some confidence. It was either things I didn't expect like hydra nerve nets, or topics I'm confident on in very awkward formats and with unusual questions. Still... aiming for a B.
theboss1998
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Don't be put off from one exam paper ! I was like you - I was going through topics and memorising things and I was so confident till I done one of the exam papers that disappointed me. However, I learn from them and this is the good thing. Its fine to know your mistakes now, rather than knowing them in the exam.
hannb98
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
hey guys!! i know nobodies been on this thread for ages but I was wondering if anybody had any good revision notes they could share?
I really struggle with biology but due to a really bad exam timetable, I haven't been able to revise it until now, so I'm really panicking about the exam tomorrow!
If anybody could share any resources I'd be really grateful
FluorescentM
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hannb98)
hey guys!! i know nobodies been on this thread for ages but I was wondering if anybody had any good revision notes they could share?
I really struggle with biology but due to a really bad exam timetable, I haven't been able to revise it until now, so I'm really panicking about the exam tomorrow!
If anybody could share any resources I'd be really grateful
do you have the human biology wjec revision guide? I use that as revision
if you search through the tsr articles awhile ago I wrote all my notes on here as an article named By1 or something.
joeteeeeee
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
How'd everyone find it?
manjot97
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by joeteeeeee)
How'd everyone find it?
I found it better than last year's paper for sure
lewbarty
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Same, much nicer paper than last years
알파카
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
That was so weird. It wasn't hard at all, but it was just really weird. O.o
Especially the cell fusion thing. I assumed it was because of the whole fluid mosaic proteins scattered randomly throughout and all the components could move thing but I just ended up making up loads of crap afterwards as I wasn't sure what the third mark was for.
Ceriidwen
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Definitely was a better paper than last years, could earn a lot of easy marks! But looking on twitter, a few people found it really hard and the worst paper..:dontknow:
lewbarty
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DistantTraces)
That was so weird. It wasn't hard at all, but it was just really weird. O.o
Especially the cell fusion thing. I assumed it was because of the whole fluid mosaic proteins scattered randomly throughout and all the components could move thing but I just ended up making up loads of crap afterwards as I wasn't sure what the third mark was for.
Yea, I mentioned the fluid mosaic model, and how the phosphates are polar and the tails are non polar
lewbarty
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Who did the biosensor 10 marker?
Eddiemaiden
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I've done every single past pape and this one was definitely the most.... Weirdest
Ceriidwen
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eddiemaiden)
I've done every single past pape and this one was definitely the most.... Weirdest
My tutor had said they have a new examiner that writes the papers.. could be a new layout?
Eddiemaiden
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lewbarty)
Who did the biosensor 10 marker?
I did! What did you say the advantages were?
Eddiemaiden
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ceriidwen)
My tutor had said they have a new examiner that writes the papers.. could be a new layout?
Maybe! Some of the diagrams were misleading.. Hmm!
Student.178
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This was so hard could so embody post the answers?
lewbarty
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Eddiemaiden)
I did! What did you say the advantages were?
Wrote about immobilised enzymes a bit and then like it can detect small traces- in medicine and forensics wbu?
LydiaIsaacs
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This was the worst paper I've ever sat
lewbarty
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JazzyT17)
This was so hard could so embody post the answers?
What questions I'll see if I can help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (31)
32.63%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (44)
46.32%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (19)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.05%

Watched Threads