The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Girton College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Dear friends,

I just got pooled by Girton, Law. Could someone care to share their experience? I was pretty nervous about it.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
Hey everyone, good to see people posting

Warthog, hang in there, ain't over till the fat lady sings

Justinsh I have PMd you

Katie will send you a message too
Reply 22
Hey people.

My interview was on 6th of December. I have seen some English and CS students but not more than this, because I was too much into my Math. It was quite amusing to see all people very nervous (I was as well).

P.S. If you have met Ukrainian guy on 5,6th of December you can safely say that it was me :smile:
Reply 23
Hey there everyone!
I have a conditional offer from Girton for Law 2007!
Got to get the grades now :confused: :confused: :confused: !
Had my interview on December 4th!
Hope to see some of you there?
x x x
Reply 24
call me dumb but i just realised that rishman was actually rishi. not that i'd thought about it much. sandals and hoodie, i like it.

and well done to those who got into girton, it's really not that far away.
Reply 25
julezanddiamonds
Hey there everyone!
I have a conditional offer from Girton for Law 2007!
Got to get the grades now :confused: :confused: :confused: !
Had my interview on December 4th!
Hope to see some of you there?
x x x

Hey congrats - I know a lot of the Law people :smile:. They tend to be a great bunch (at least, in my year)...!

You'll love it, and of course you'll get your offer. The hardest part is over. Any questions etc?
Reply 26
:smile: :smile:
Thanks!
I'm really looking forward to it...! Just HOPE I get the grades now then all will be fine!
Have a few friends going to other colleges - they're looking forward to it too!
Everyone in the First Year seemed really nice when I went to my interview!
Regarding bikes... I have a question!!
Does everyone take their own or do you hire them? As I guess they're kind of essential at Girton being a bit out of the centre?!
Thank uuuu x x x
Reply 27
the vast majority take their own bike. some people buy them once they're down here. a few people don't have a bike though and just walk/get bus, wouldn't recommend that though. as for hiring, don't think anyone really does that but i may be wrong. would probably be cheaper to buy a new one than hire them. although there are some JCR bikes which i think you can borrow, not sure when/how or anything, maybe just if your bike is broken.
Vitaly1986
Hey people.

My interview was on 6th of December. I have seen some English and CS students but not more than this, because I was too much into my Math. It was quite amusing to see all people very nervous (I was as well).

P.S. If you have met Ukrainian guy on 5,6th of December you can safely say that it was me :smile:

Hey, I met you!! My interview was on December 6th as well!
We talked in the corridor where the interview rooms were (well mine at least).. we had some trouble understanding each other's accent if i remember well :wink:
So did you get an offer?

I got one but it's very high so it's like the hardest part has only begun :s-smilie: ... Well, 5 months of working working working is worth it I think! I just hope I have it in me to understand all the maths I need to (I'm on a f****** scientific stream even though I bloody suck at maths and physics) and don't panic on exam day!
I loved Girton and my time in Cambridge and I really, really want to get out of here, speak English and have fun!

And rishman, I do remember talking with an economics student, so it was probably you :smile:
Reply 29
I think I met you, Vitaly!

I went up there on the 5th and 6th for an English interview. I thought it had gone well, Sinead told me my interview was good and I didn't mess up on the test or anything. However, despite all that, they pooled me and I got the rejection letter today :frown: I really really wanted to go to Girton, as well - I'd fallen in love with the place! *sigh* Everyone else who applied for English that I exchanged email addresses with got rejected straight out, however, so I'm not sure who Girton DID accept...

If I re-applied to Cambridge, would it disadvantage me to apply to Girton again?
Reply 30
Nono Seventeen
Hey, I met you!! My interview was on December 6th as well!
We talked in the corridor where the interview rooms were (well mine at least).. we had some trouble understanding each other's accent if i remember well :wink:
So did you get an offer?

I got one but it's very high so it's like the hardest part has only begun :s-smilie: ... Well, 5 months of working working working is worth it I think! I just hope I have it in me to understand all the maths I need to (I'm on a f****** scientific stream even though I bloody suck at maths and physics) and don't panic on exam day!
I loved Girton and my time in Cambridge and I really, really want to get out of here, speak English and have fun!

And rishman, I do remember talking with an economics student, so it was probably you :smile:

Hey Nono.
I remeber you, I met you just before your interview and you was a bit nervous :biggrin:
Congratulations on your offer I got offer as well STEP 2 - grade 1, STEP 3 - grade 2. It probably will not tell you much but it's quite hard to get those, well not hard but require a lot (4 month) of work or so :smile: but I will achieve my offer.
The strange thing I noticed now once my friends/people from my job found out I got an offer, the way they speak to me has changed. I feel...more respect, my boss even hug me :smile:
I do looking forward to go to Girton. Meet all those smart people and challange myself to the highest level.
Reply 31
Hel
I think I met you, Vitaly!

I went up there on the 5th and 6th for an English interview. I thought it had gone well, Sinead told me my interview was good and I didn't mess up on the test or anything. However, despite all that, they pooled me and I got the rejection letter today :frown: I really really wanted to go to Girton, as well - I'd fallen in love with the place! *sigh* Everyone else who applied for English that I exchanged email addresses with got rejected straight out, however, so I'm not sure who Girton DID accept...

If I re-applied to Cambridge, would it disadvantage me to apply to Girton again?

Yeah on their web page (just can't remeber where) they saying that if you reapplying it is better to chose different college, unfortunately :frown:
Reply 32
Any Girton vets out there? I've got an offer (deferred entry, so 2008) for vet med...
Reply 33
I got my offer for architecture at Girton on Friday!!!!
They pooled me but then fished me back out so I'm so happy because I'm so in love with the place.
I was down on 13th december but didnt do much hanging around...
Reply 34
i don't think they tend to have many vets in a year so you may be pushed to find some. i think there's only 3 in the current first year but maybe i'm wrong. well done on your offers though. hopefully see you here next year!
Reply 35
bob_54321
i don't think they tend to have many vets in a year so you may be pushed to find some. i think there's only 3 in the current first year but maybe i'm wrong. well done on your offers though. hopefully see you here next year!

One of my closest friends is a vet. There are actually a fairly high number of them in my year (2nd year now, 3rd year to be) - Girton apparently takes a lot and is very popular for vet med.

To Glauert:
If you want me to put you in touch with a vet for further info then just PM me and I'll see what I can do. Alternatively if you're on facebook that would be easier! Let me know...
Reply 36
Hey
I have an offer for vet med from girton for 2007....
Reply 37
I know that if any there will only be one other successful applicant for architecture at Girton 2007...i will have to wait to October to see who it is.
Reply 38
My friend got an offer from Girton, having been pooled from Christ's, for Maths: AAB + 1,1.
Reply 39
snap! (almost)

My friend just received an offer from Girton (having been pooled from Trinity Hall) for Maths, AAB + 1,2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending