The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Girton College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

What's the food like at Girton? Good and cheap?

Shame they don't appear to have any menus online.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by crablet
What's the food like at Girton? Good and cheap?

Shame they don't appear to have any menus online.

Menu changes week to week, although it's always brunch Sat & sun mornings + roast wed & sun evening. Nice formals too
Original post by EwanWest
Menu changes week to week, although it's always brunch Sat & sun mornings + roast wed & sun evening. Nice formals too

Thanks. Food nice and good value too?
Original post by crablet
Thanks. Food nice and good value too?

Yeh pretty nice, I have dinner in Hall pretty much everyday, £3.20 for a full meal and you serve your own veg & potatoes which is handy if you eat as much as I do! Theres also a salad bar thing but I've never actually used it...
Original post by EwanWest
Yeh pretty nice, I have dinner in Hall pretty much everyday, £3.20 for a full meal and you serve your own veg & potatoes which is handy if you eat as much as I do! Theres also a salad bar thing but I've never actually used it...

Thank you so much for your help!
Hey! anyone planning to go to Girton this coming October?
Anyone going to Girton in October of 2018? Really interested to find out!
Original post by Claudi0
Anyone going to Girton in October of 2018? Really interested to find out!

Yep! I was just pooled there and got an offer from there for maths!! Hopefully I make the grades now :smile:
Original post by gemma.louise
Yep! I was just pooled there and got an offer from there for maths!! Hopefully I make the grades now :smile:

Same! I've been pooled to Girton for history. :smile:
Original post by Katherine.M
Same! I've been pooled to Girton for history. :smile:

Pooled to Girton for Geography! :smile:
Reply 450
Original post by sureofit
Pooled to Girton for Geography! :smile:

I've been pooled to Girton for history too! Where did you both apply originally?
Original post by Izzy g
I've been pooled to Girton for history too! Where did you both apply originally?

I applied to Catz :smile: I genuinely thought I’d bombed after one of my interviews, so was so pleased to get an offer. You? :smile:

I’ve been busy falling in love with Girton and learning about the history since I got the email 🎊
Reply 452
I applied to Jesus, was a bit gutted not to get in there but equally as happy to still get an offer! I’m excited to go down and get a feel for it:smile:
Original post by Izzy g
I applied to Jesus, was a bit gutted not to get in there but equally as happy to still get an offer! I’m excited to go down and get a feel for it:smile:

Yeah, I’ve not seen Girton. I saw most of the colleges when I was on a shadowing programme at Cambridge last year. I can’t wait to have a look round. The library looks beautiful.

It feels so odd to have an offer from Cambridge, I never thought it’d happen!
Original post by sureofit
I applied to Catz :smile: I genuinely thought I’d bombed after one of my interviews, so was so pleased to get an offer. You? :smile:

I’ve been busy falling in love with Girton and learning about the history since I got the email 🎊

I originally applied to St Catz too and also flopped one of my interviews ! It’s a relief to have an offer definitely.
Original post by Izzy g

I applied to St John's originally but tbh I'm just really happy to get an offer at all! I've never seen Girton so I'm thinking of going to have a look round sometime.

Also has anyone been told about their conditions? Cause I haven't heard anything yet.
Original post by Katherine.M
I applied to St John's originally but tbh I'm just really happy to get an offer at all! I've never seen Girton so I'm thinking of going to have a look round sometime.

Also has anyone been told about their conditions? Cause I haven't heard anything yet.

Nope, just said in the letter. I assume it’s just the standard A*AA (for Geography, at least).

I am just happy I got an offer, and feel really lucky as Girton is a beautiful college (albeit one I never considered!)
Anyone here for Nat Sci?? Really excited to go here, love the buildings and aestheticssss...
Anyone applying for veterinary medicine this year?
Anyone applying for HSPS?
I’m still waiting for the interview convocation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending