manishahjee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
How to write an A* essay on kindertransport on theme such as conflict.
how to analyse unseen poetry?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by manishahjee)
How to write an A* essay on kindertransport on theme such as conflict.
how to analyse unseen poetry?
Heya, I'm going to put this in the English forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=82
Berninger1864
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I did Kindertransport and I got full marks for each section last year for GCSE (A*)

The most important thing when analysing anything is to look at language structure, form AND other interpretations beyond the literal, given factor. For example, there was something about Broken Glass from what I recall? Instead of saying 'this suggests how broken the situation is' rather 'perhaps, this could be a reference to the Night of the Long Knives whereby millions of Jewish property were shattered into pieces..."

As for both unseen and Kindertransport essay, always make it obvious when you're talking about the devices. That way, it'll not only make it easier for the examiner - but the marks for certain devices will be ticked off as they read your essay. For example, you could start off with a paragraph stating "structurally, Kindertransport is based on flashbacks..."

Use connectives also which will guarantee you high marks.

If you need any further assistance with this, feel free to message me! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
manishahjee
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by Berninger1864)
I did Kindertransport and I got full marks for each section last year for GCSE (A*)

The most important thing when analysing anything is to look at language structure, form AND other interpretations beyond the literal, given factor. For example, there was something about Broken Glass from what I recall? Instead of saying 'this suggests how broken the situation is' rather 'perhaps, this could be a reference to the Night of the Long Knives whereby millions of Jewish property were shattered into pieces..."

As for both unseen and Kindertransport essay, always make it obvious when you're talking about the devices. That way, it'll not only make it easier for the examiner - but the marks for certain devices will be ticked off as they read your essay. For example, you could start off with a paragraph stating "structurally, Kindertransport is based on flashbacks..."

Use connectives also which will guarantee you high marks.

If you need any further assistance with this, feel free to message me! Good luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank. Do you have any revision notes? And can I see your essay?
Berninger1864
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by manishahjee)
Thank. Do you have any revision notes? And can I see your essay?
Inbox me your email
sedil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Berninger1864)
Inbox me your email
Hey do you have any revision I can have too please? I'm struggling with Kindertransport a lot.
I would so appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (51)
18.48%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (78)
28.26%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
36.96%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (35)
12.68%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.62%

Watched Threads