The Student Room Group

Advice with a-levels?

Hi :smile:

So basically did my a levels last year, had an offer for dent and messed up due to personal issues so got BBD in biology, psychology and chemistry (D in chemistry). So took a gap year, resitting one exam for psychology to pull it up to an A, and same with biology. (Was very close to getting A's, only a mark off in psych) But stupidly, I deciced to resit all my chemistry exams (AS and A2), I've finished the prep for AS but really struggling with A2. And now it's so close to exams, I have no idea what to do. I was only a couple of marks off a C so I know I can secure a C through my AS resits. But I don't know if I should spend time trying to get my A2 chem up too scratch with so little time and then fall behind on bio/psych with the possibility I still may get a C in chem despite lots of work put in because I find it so bloody hard. And then because I spend time doing chem, falling behind on bio/psych and ending up with ABC instead of AAC.

Also, my offers are AAA and AAB, so just don't know what to do really. I've applied for neuroscience this year at Manchester and leeds. Manchester are aware of my extenuating circumstances and I was on map (manchester access programme) which lowers grade requirements but wasn't applied to this years offers as its my third doing a levels.

What shall I do? Leave A2 chem and just get AAC or shall I try to get it up higher, even though it's pretty unlikely at this stage.

How lenient will the unis be with me?

Thanks so much for any help/advice.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Puddles the Monkey now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply