Edexcel AS History- Russia 1881-1953- 13th May 2015 Watch

lucky_bean
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello! Does anyone have any ideas for what might come up in this exam?
The Marshall
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well that's a tricky one as the topics vary quite a bit. I mean looking at the 2014 and 2013 papers we have:

Russian economy under the Tsarist Regime.
And Trotsky leadership for the Bolshevik Success.

This is from the 2014 paper covering periods of 1881-1924.

And we have the usual bit for Stalin:

So either leadership struggle
Or
Anything to do with WW2, industrial output.

Comparing this, this paper seemed to focus more on the Bolsheviks, and the Russian economy. And for Stalin we either had his leadership struggle( I think its quite a common question for this exam) and most likely something to do with WW2.

The 2013 paper was also similar but nothing new, this focused on the Strength of Tsarism against its opponents, the Bolsheviks consolidating their power after October/November revolutions, And then you had a toltarian state( which also focuses on Stalin's leadership struggle, getting rid of his opponents through Moscow Show trails, using Social Realism as propaganda) and something to do with how did the USSR's economy help it win WW2.

So here's what I think MAY come, I might be wrong in this:

Tsarist Russia:
Anything to with the economy, Russification or any broad range. In this case you should revise everything to do with Tsairst Russia in case anything comes up.

And don't forget the Provisional Government! They could be next depending on their policies, their downfall and so and so forth.

Bolsheviks:
Same one as before, but I would say revise every single bit, even the Civil War. You never know what might come up, either Lenin's role in the party, Trotsky role's, so its best to get all the facts done.

Stalin:

You're more than likely to get a question on Social Realism and how its impact was used on Soviet Society. I would also say a question on Stalin's leadership rise to power is a bit rare, but could come up, his leadership struggles against his opponents a very likely possibility, but I think it could do with the state control or anything that features. Perhaps the Great Purges? I'm not sure, but any of these topics are more than likely to come up.

I also forgot, Collectivization and the 5 year plans MAY come up. Its good to make sure you revise that section as well.

Soviet Russia in WW2:

Now this is perhaps the least touched topic upon for me. I don't know who else does the Russian subject and covers WW2 in such detail because I haven't. The only real things you need to know are:

Soviet Economy in WW2
Soviet people being inspired to work for the Soviet Union
Soviet Millitary winning against the Germans.

Best bet is to focus on the battles, T34 tanks( should the question focus on some subjects) but the economy/Stalin's leadership including Zuhkov's military leadership is somewhat more prevalent. ( Do research this in more detail, any STATS, WRITE THEM DOWN.)

Questions could also be stylized in the way of 'Civil War' type questions so be careful on that.
Bubbles26
Badges: 2
Report 3 years ago
Hi i am also doing this exam and i noticed a pattern with the questions in the first set of russia questions.... Is there always a question about tsarist russia e.g economy or reforms and is there always one about bolsheviks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Marshall
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Bubbles26)
Hi i am also doing this exam and i noticed a pattern with the questions in the first set of russia questions.... Is there always a question about tsarist russia e.g economy or reforms and is there always one about bolsheviks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well to answer your question, quite likely it may be in D3( Which will either concern with Tsarist Russia, PG, or Bolsheviks) it could be a mix of three. Now I'm not sure what may come up, but it could be.

There is always likely to be a question about the Bolsheviks, depending their role on the Civil War, or their consolidation of power, or so and so forth.
Bubbles26
Badges: 2
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by The Marshall)
Well to answer your question, quite likely it may be in D3( Which will either concern with Tsarist Russia, PG, or Bolsheviks) it could be a mix of three. Now I'm not sure what may come up, but it could be.

There is always likely to be a question about the Bolsheviks, depending their role on the Civil War, or their consolidation of power, or so and so forth.
yeah in the D3 option because when i looked at the papers there was always a question about bolsheviks and always one to do with tsarist russia...
JorjaB
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have been given these predictions:
For D3 :

-1905 Revolution
-February/March Revolution
-Lenin's role/consolidation of power

For D4:
-Stalin's consolidation of power (power struggle)
-Collectivisation (impact of)

Don't hold me to these! I've been advised to revise these, so I thought I would share! I highly doubt WW2 will come up though, as it was on the 2014 paper.

I'm open to any more predictions!
Uw0tm8_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by JorjaB)
I have been given these predictions:
For D3 :

-1905 Revolution
-February/March Revolution
-Lenin's role/consolidation of power

For D4:
-Stalin's consolidation of power (power struggle)
-Collectivisation (impact of)

Don't hold me to these! I've been advised to revise these, so I thought I would share! I highly doubt WW2 will come up though, as it was on the 2014 paper.

I'm open to any more predictions!
I heard the 5 year plans was likely to come up for d4 and the provisional gov for d3
JorjaB
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Uw0tm8_)
I heard the 5 year plans was likely to come up for d4 and the provisional gov for d3
If the PG came up, I would be so happy! I'm going to revise the 5YPs now, thank-you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.29%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.45%
No, but I want to start (275)
37.36%
No, I am unable to (177)
24.05%
No, I chose not to (205)
27.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise