username1075708
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I don't really know who to vote for.

Out of the 3 main ones...

Labour
just want to seem to get the country into debt, and Tony Blair/Gordon Brown didn't have a clue.

Conservatives just want to seem to cut everything and are ruining the NHS.

Liberal Democrats seem to want a bit of both, but after Nick Clegg raised tuition fees after saying he wouldn't... how can you trust him!?

It seems if you vote for any of the others, it'd just be a waste of a vote?
SeaPony
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wasted vote?... wasting a vote is voting for the establishment.
Nice.Guy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 2scotty)

Labour
just want to seem to get the country into debt, and Tony Blair/Gordon Brown didn't have a clue.

Liberal Democrats seem to want a bit of both, but after Nick Clegg raised tuition fees after saying he wouldn't... how can you trust him!?

I really do feel for Nick Clegg - he failed to deliver on one promise, yes (and a big one at that), but still, he's in a coalition, and can't do everything he wants to do. It's not like none of the other parties never went back on anything they said

And it's not a waste of a vote if you vote for any of the others, that's such a bad attitude to have. Look at the greens/ukip?
username1075708
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Nice.Guy)
I really do feel for Nick Clegg - he failed to deliver on one promise, yes (and a big one at that), but still, he's in a coalition, and can't do everything he wants to do. It's not like none of the other parties never went back on anything they said

And it's not a waste of a vote if you vote for any of the others, that's such a bad attitude to have. Look at the greens/ukip?
I was always told if you vote for greens etc, it's like wasting a vote because it's very unlikely that they'll ever be in power. If you voted for one of the "main 3" then at least you're in with a chance... that's what I've been told anyway.

I'm tempted to go with Liberal Democrats.
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Liberal Democrats are a waste of space they stand for nothing apart form keeping the establishment status quo.
Nice.Guy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I was always told if you vote for greens etc, it's like wasting a vote because it's very unlikely that they'll ever be in power. If you voted for one of the "main 3" then at least you're in with a chance... that's what I've been told anyway.

I'm tempted to go with Liberal Democrats.
But this is the whole deal about this election - it's not just a battle between the top 3. No party is on track to win a majority, so actually, the smaller parties will have a huge bearing on the outcome

Just vote for who you think is best.
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
UKIP I think will get around 8-10 seats and will have hundreds of second places in Labour safe seats. Bring on 2020-The year of UKIP.
alexh42
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You have a very simplistic view of the main parties. Look at their manifestos on their websites and you will get an idea of what they will do in government.
You say that the Conservatives want to cut everything when in fact they have not cut the NHS budget at all.
Babada Boopy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
vote UKIP my friend
Gazzaaa
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Labour

Conservatives are best for the country as a whole. The job is not yet done and giving them another 5 years in power will ensure that the books are balanced and it would be best for the country as a whole.
midnightice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SeaPony)
Liberal Democrats are a waste of space they stand for nothing apart form keeping the establishment status quo.
What's exactly wrong with the 'establishment'?
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by midnightice)
What's exactly wrong with the 'establishment'?
They are no different from each other... vote for one you get the same thing
Vote Conservative you get the EU
Vote Labour you get the EU
Vote Liberal Democrats get the EU

Vote Conservative you get unlimited uncontrolled immigration
Vote Labour you get unlimited uncontrolled immigration
Vote Liberal Democrat you get unlimited uncontrolled immigration
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Labour
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...on-not-4891142
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice link to the pro Labour propaganda rag AKA the Daily Mirror.
midnightice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They are no different from each other... vote for one you get the same thing
Vote Conservative you get the EU
Vote Labour you get the EU
Vote Liberal Democrats get the EU

Vote Conservative you get unlimited uncontrolled immigration
Vote Labour you get unlimited uncontrolled immigration
Vote Liberal Democrat you get unlimited uncontrolled immigration
I'm sorry but EU/immigration really shouldn't be a topic of debate. The drawbacks of leaving the EU by far outweigh the benefits of becoming a more independent country. I'm for greater control of immigration, but would rather we have security in our businesses operating in the UK solely because we are in the EU. Leaving would be chaotic.
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm sorry but EU/immigration really shouldn't be a topic of debate. The drawbacks of leaving the EU by far outweigh the benefits of becoming a more independent country.
That is your opinion (hit me with some bias EU statistics)
Leaving would be chaotic.
But worth it in the long run.
Babada Boopy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by midnightice)
I'm sorry but EU/immigration really shouldn't be a topic of debate. The drawbacks of leaving the EU by far outweigh the benefits of becoming a more independent country.
Attached files
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nice link to the pro Labour propaganda rag AKA the Daily Mirror.
They just reported what the bank of England guy said. It isn't my fault The Daily Mail don't report it. All papers have some kind of political persuasion. Do you equally dismiss everything that comes from Tory newspapers and rags? Why are they more trustworthy than the Mirror or Guardian?

This is from The Times.

"The deficit was caused by the worldwide financial crisis - not by Labour"

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinio...inkId=13500583
SeaPony
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yes I do the Daily Mail is a Tory rag as well.

Labour certainly did not do anything to help in the aftermath of the crisis that is for sure a show of absolute incompetence while tens of thousands lost their jobs.
midnightice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That is your opinion (hit me with some bias EU statistics)

But worth it in the long run.
Let's just say that there's a reason why UKIP focus substantially on immigration rather than giving an in-depth case for why we could do business better outside of the EU - because they can't give the reasons. They're a one-trick pony and don't go into much effort to appear otherwise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (241)
66.21%
No (123)
33.79%

Watched Threads