The Student Room Group

do you need eletric chemsitry to go out with someone

i have never had a relationship, but now decided i want one. my friend is always saying things like 'if there is no electricity on the first date or first meet whatever, theres nothing there', and it just confuses me as i never really feel anything for anybody i do not know. most of the time i am worrying about what people think of me. i thought if i got a long with some one and they were good looking, i could go out with them, but should it be more complicated than that? do i need to get butterflies and alll that?
Reply 1
The first time I met the guy im seeing now I felt nothing for him at all. Even our first kiss I felt wrong. But to this day I'm in love with him and would do anything for him, yet the only "spark" I feel is when we are doing something we know we shouldn't be. Excitement is different for everyone, doesn't mean theres no potential for love
Reply 2
Original post by grapes12
The first time I met the guy im seeing now I felt nothing for him at all. Even our first kiss I felt wrong. But to this day I'm in love with him and would do anything for him, yet the only "spark" I feel is when we are doing something we know we shouldn't be. Excitement is different for everyone, doesn't mean theres no potential for love

i hope that is what i will feel for someone as so far i dont feel much. i think some guys are more attractive than others, but i dont really feel cray about them.
Reply 3
The biggest thing I feel in a partner is having a friend. If you can't laugh together and have fun then it's gonna be pretty boring.

Sexual and romantic chemistry can grow over time without a doubt, even if you're not initially attracted to a person, but don't rely on that because it doesn't always work like that. If you're unsure you feel attraction towards someone you're dating give it a few months an see if it grows, if it doesn't it's up to you if you want to keep seeing this person or move on.

If you're not into their personality it will never work!
Original post by Anonymous
i have never had a relationship, but now decided i want one. my friend is always saying things like 'if there is no electricity on the first date or first meet whatever, theres nothing there', and it just confuses me as i never really feel anything for anybody i do not know. most of the time i am worrying about what people think of me. i thought if i got a long with some one and they were good looking, i could go out with them, but should it be more complicated than that? do i need to get butterflies and alll that?

I think butterflies are a good sign but not an essential. When I first met the guy I'm seeing I wasn't sure I was attracted to him at all. I didn't have butterflies or feel chemistry. By date two I had butterflies and I felt like there was chemistry between us. Although I don't have butterflies these days I know I'm attracted to him. We have a laugh, I can be my quirky self around him, we just seem to gel. Sometimes it just takes a while.
Original post by Anonymous

#
It's not a necessity, depending on what you're looking for, but it makes the relationship a lot more exciting. There's nothing better than having chemistry with someone. It's makes it easy to interact, and so much more passionate . Why would you want anything less?
I guess its different for everyone, but I can't feel anything beyond a friendship with someone if I don't feel any sexual chemistry...
There are so many mediocre things in this world, passion, sex, love, romance, etc shoud never be mediocre... I love that I see my man and I just want to rip his clothes off and eat him all up..haha.. Not literally, he is just totally delicious is all :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending