The Student Room Group

What to do about this guy?

there's this guy at uni who has been making eye contact with me all year. Whenever we pass in the corridor, library he looks at me and when I look back he doesn't stop but continues.

Recently ive been seeing him around a lot in the library and he stares and my friends have noticed him staring at me from afar. I once sat next to him and he acted really weird he kept shaking his leg, being a bit loud and randomly offered me some sweets.

The other day I sat next to him and I tried to make conversation with him asking him what he studied but he was reluctant to make conversation and didn't ask anything about me. Hes pretty cold to me but he still looks at me ?

Im a little confused what do I do and why is,he acting like this ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Trottoir
there's this guy at uni who has been making eye contact with me all year. Whenever we pass in the corridor, library he looks at me and when I look back he doesn't stop but continues.

Recently ive been seeing him around a lot in the library and he stares and my friends have noticed him staring at me from afar. I once sat next to him and he acted really weird he kept shaking his leg, being a bit loud and randomly offered me some sweets.

The other day I sat next to him and I tried to make conversation with him asking him what he studied but he was reluctant to make conversation and didn't ask anything about me. Hes pretty cold to me but he still looks at me ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugghhh this happened to me for like one and a half years..
Idk he's just a creepy stalker... Probably actually just way too shy to talk to you but then again if he can't even talk to you how are you going to get to know him better let alone be friends or get in a relationship?

Maybe give him a chance and talk to him, but if he seems cold again you can't save him. Just forget about him.
What is you opinion of him? If he is someone that you could possibly be interested in then the next couple of times you see him and he's looking at you just smile and say 'hi'. He obviously knows you'd recognize him and you've spoken to him so a smile and a 'hi' would be appropriate. Then after just smiling and saying hi a few times then I'd make my way to sit next to him again and try to strike up some small talk. He is probably very shy and not sure how to handle himself. But, like, Okorange said if he is still cold then 'you just can't save him' but he still may be keen on you even if he acts cold.

If you are not interested in getting to know him better you might have to sit on a different floor in the library or study in a different location all together for a while. Or you could change your study time to not be in the library at the same time if his staring is bothering you. Also in this case I would not return in looks.
Reply 5
do you think he could,be shy around me ? He is usually really confident seeming with other people

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
He's so cold to me whenever ive been trying to make conversation

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is such a weird situation. Can't understand why he'd be cold to you if you've been friendly. It is weird that he'll act normal around others. I certainly don't know him but I'd let it go at this point. You've made an effort to talk and be nice and he hasn't reciprocated. Don't know why he continues to stare. He probably is attracted to you on some level but, for whatever reason, feels he can't act upon that - maybe has a girlfriend or his guy friend's give him grief for talking to girls (asking questions etc.) - who knows. I'd suggest you steer clear of him though because it is being distracting for you and your studying.
Reply 8
Looks like im going to have to drop this one...

Posted from TSR Mobile
sounds like he's just super shy, try talking to him in directly when he's with his friends so he doesnt feel so on the spot. then he will be more confident and more able to talk when its just you.

on the other hand he could just be a bit weird, but your gonna have to talk to him to find out either way so get to it :smile:
Original post by Trottoir

Recently ive been seeing him around a lot in the library and he stares and my friends have noticed him staring at me from afar. I once sat next to him and he acted really weird he kept shaking his leg , being a bit loud and randomly offered me some sweets.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut::mmm:
Reply 11
I don't think you should drop it ! I think you should just ask him what his problem is, explain to him what you explained to us. Eye flirting with you if he is not going to do something about it
Reply 12
He's quite rude and unfriendly when I speak to him, he doesn't seen awkward or tongue tied ..
Yep - he's so not worth your time thinking about him and wondering anymore. Definitely let him go and I would walk with your head held high and act confident when you are around him but I would not make eye contact at all.
Original post by hopeforthebest1
Yep - he's so not worth your time thinking about him and wondering anymore. Definitely let him go and I would walk with your head held high and act confident when you are around him but I would not make eye contact at all.

Chillout, they havent just gone through a bad break up.

It sounds like op is just over reacting.
For all we know the dude is just a day dreamer, blankly staring into open space wishing he wasnt at uni / college w/e.

Dude is happy when hes eating his sweets, he even offers them out from time to time, its not always good though; sometimes his bordem or sugar rushes make his legs shake, or hes grumpy after a come down from all the sugar.
Hell he may just be tired or grumpy because random people interupt his day dreams.

For all we know he's already made a tsr thread, 'Girl randomly makes eye contact with me, sits next to me to take my sweets, tells her friends im wierd.'
This situation and thread is a bit of a joke tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
He likes you he is nervous around you because he likes you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NathanAllen
He likes you he is nervous around you because he likes you

Posted from TSR Mobile

bingo, dunno how that took so long for you all to figure out
Original post by Charles97
bingo, dunno how that took so long for you all to figure out

Took less then 5 seconds to figure that out

Posted from TSR Mobile