RABlack
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey so I was just wondering what would happen if a fire alarm goes off in the accommodation, especially at night and if anyone has any stories about their experiences.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RABlack)
Hey so I was just wondering what would happen if a fire alarm goes off in the accommodation, especially at night and if anyone has any stories about their experience or a funny story that they know of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
you have to stand outside
EloiseStar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by RABlack)
Hey so I was just wondering what would happen if a fire alarm goes off in the accommodation, especially at night and if anyone has any stories about their experience or a funny story that they know of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They do fire drills at all universities in the middle of the night... (at least as far as I'm aware)

Funny stories? I don't find it funny being woken at 3am to run outside in the cold, wet November weather... It is funny to see what pyjamas people are wearing, I guess.
UniversalStudentLiving
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi

Most/all large accommodation centers will run fire drills every year (sometimes every semester), can happen at any time but are most likely to happen monday to friday between 9am and 5pm as thats when office staff are around.

It used to be really common a few years ago for students to set the alarms off either for a laugh or by mistake, but that happens a lot less now (maybe students are more mature?).

If the alarm sounds you must leave your room, you can never tell if its a mistake, a fire or a fire drill - most accommodation contacts say you have to leave the building or you might get a fine.

Hope this helps

Rachel
Universal Student Living Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
62.34%
I don't have everything I need (90)
37.66%

Watched Threads