marios99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am doing the extended paper for igcse English language
I have a C in my writing coursework and a B in my s&l
How many marks do I need in the paper to get an A/A*?
username1596651
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It depends on which exam board your school has chosen, is it AQA or CIE?
Turtlebunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It is CIE. Im doing the same course. Frankly, you would need full marks to get an A*, for an A, I would aim for 40's in the extended paper. What are your exact marks for writing and speaking out of 50 and out of 25, so I can give you a better estimate based of grade boundaries.

Whatever you need, best of luck for the 5th May - doing the same exam too
marios99
Rep:
?
(Original post by Turtlebunny)
It is CIE. Im doing the same course. Frankly, you would need full marks to get an A*, for an A, I would aim for 40's in the extended paper. What are your exact marks for writing and speaking out of 50 and out of 25, so I can give you a better estimate based of grade boundaries.

Whatever you need, best of luck for the 5th May - doing the same exam too
I got a 36 in the writing and a 26 in the speaking?
good luck to you too btw
marios99
Rep:
?
(Original post by KawaiiMango)
It depends on which exam board your school has chosen, is it AQA or CIE?
CIE
marios99
Rep:
?
(Original post by marios99)
I am doing the extended paper for igcse English language
I have a C in my writing coursework and a B in my s&l
How many marks do I need in the paper to get an A/A*?
I urgently need this q answering guys as I need to know whether I'm in with a chance of possibly getting an A so help me out please guys😅?
Turtlebunny
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got a 36 in the writing and a 26 in the speaking?
good luck to you too btw
I urgently need this q answering guys as I need to know whether I'm in with a chance of possibly getting an A so help me out please guys������?
Okay, with a 36 in the writing and 26 in the speaking, here are the approximate marks you will need, obviously, aim for the highest - this is also based completely off of last years/average grade boundaries, and CIE can do what they want, meaning they are obviously subject to change.

So going into the exam you will have 21 or 22 marks, depending on how they calculate it, in the speaking (out of 25, since that's how they weight it), plus 36 marks. This means you will have 58 going into the GCSE exam already.
So based off of the typical boundaries, you will need - For a B: approx 24 marks. For an A: approx 35 marks For an A*: approx 46 marks.
So, all the grades are achievable on the 5th may, depending on your performance, and the boundaries obviously. I'm also taking this exam, and aiming for an A* - will need around 38-40 to get it! Good luck. If you are willing to revise with me/have any more questions about the exam, message me

Boundaries: June 2013 - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...Thresholds.pdf
marios99
Rep:
?
(Original post by turtlebunny)
okay, with a 36 in the writing and 26 in the speaking, here are the approximate marks you will need, obviously, aim for the highest - this is also based completely off of last years/average grade boundaries, and cie can do what they want, meaning they are obviously subject to change.

So going into the exam you will have 21 or 22 marks, depending on how they calculate it, in the speaking (out of 25, since that's how they weight it), plus 36 marks. This means you will have 58 going into the gcse exam already.
So based off of the typical boundaries, you will need - for a b: approx 24 marks. for an a: approx 35 marks for an a*: approx 46 marks.
so, all the grades are achievable on the 5th may, depending on your performance, and the boundaries obviously. I'm also taking this exam, and aiming for an a* - will need around 38-40 to get it! Good luck. If you are willing to revise with me/have any more questions about the exam, message me

boundaries: June 2013 - https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...thresholds.pdf
thankyou so much! You have literally made my day! Best of luck for tuesday!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.36%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
11.65%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.23%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
22.89%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.05%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.83%

Watched Threads