BrummyBrah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys ,

I've finished learning all the vocabulary off by heart and I know the verbs ( active + passive ) as well as deponents. Is it neccessary to learn the noun endings ( genitive , dative etc. ) , as well as other grammatical structures such as indirect statements and -ne in order to achieve the A* Grade?

Thanks
therealmcoy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you have learnt everything else, I definitely think that learning what the cases look like would help a lot, but I would normally say that you don't need to know them off by heart- just as long as you have an idea of which case is which and how to translate them. I would not say the -ne words is necessarily a priority, but indirect commands with ut clauses can come up a lot.

It sounds obvious, but the best way to revise for Latin is to actually TRANSLATE passages as it tests all your skills at once(including how to use grammatical structures) and makes you remember vocabulary more effectively. If you haven't done all the cambridge Latin course books already, I would highly recommend going on the CSCP website as there are a lot of funny stories to translate, vocab to learn and exercises to test your knowledge on Latin grammar.
Also, if you are doing the literature exams as well, the CSCP website has an anthology of the set texts which is SO SO SO useful, especially the audio clips that they have for some of the texts.

Good luck! I hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
14.01%
I'm not sure (29)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (196)
31.56%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.09%
I'm not a current university student (296)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise