Does the volume of which you play music at affect you during study time/coursework? Watch

Hostile_Duck
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey guys

Just wondering if the volume that music is played at affects you when you're revising at all. also, does the genre of music make any difference to you guys?
SilverNight
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi,

Personally, it also depends on the background noise.
If there is loud background noise, loud music helps drown out the crowd and I revise better. However, if background noise is quiet, then usually softer music is better otherwise the loud music is distracting.

The genre doesn't really matter to me, but I find that rock music can be distracting sometimes. More so than genre though, is probably language. Like, if I'm listening to a song with english vocals while also writing in english, I get distracted easily. I don't know, it works better for me to listen to a song without vocals or song in a language I don't understand.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I find if it's too loud it will be distracting and if it's too quiet I'll spent too much time trying to listen to it more carefully.

I find that I work slower when I have music playing but I enjoy it more so revision becomes less painful! I don't find that being instrumental or foreign language makes any difference for me. Genre wise I find things that are really catchy, dissonant, happy/bouncy or melancholy are bad. Somewhere in between is ideal.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (533)
66.54%
No (268)
33.46%

Watched Threads