Want more information about this university?

Any mature students starting in september?

Watch
LRE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey guys,

I just wondered if there were any other mature students starting in September?

Although i'm extremely excited about starting i'm also really nervous about being much older (27) than the young'uns starting uni this year.

I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? It would be good to get to know some other people

Lauren
savagesmurf4
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
27 isn't much older at all!! I'm going to be almost 23 and I am certainly looking for a mature people instead of younger people, What course you studying?
LRE
Rep:
?
(Original post by savagesmurf4)
27 isn't much older at all!! I'm going to be almost 23 and I am certainly looking for a mature people instead of younger people, What course you studying?

Haha thanks for making me feel a little better about it! Went to the open day yesterday, people looked quite young! I'm going to be studying digital marketing, how about you? Are you going to be living in halls?
sublimeidiocy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes,

I'm going to be starting radiography at 30. I have been assured I won't be the oldest person on the course.

It's nice to know there will be some other oldies about
LRE
Rep:
?
(Original post by sublimeidiocy)
Yes,

I'm going to be starting radiography at 30. I have been assured I won't be the oldest person on the course.

It's nice to know there will be some other oldies about
That's good! Are you going to be living in student accommodation?
KaitlynGee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I kinda worried about that too. I'm 22 which isn't that old but I've already done an undergrad degree and am going for a second and feel strange about being back at school with a younger bunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
LRE
Rep:
?
Loved uni so much you've gone back for another degree What you studying this time? 22, you'll blend in no problem. I'm asking everyone this tonight it feels like, are you living in student halls?
hannahbiafra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm 25 - very worried about fitting in and the logistics of how it's going to all work!
KaitlynGee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! Live long learning! I'm studying marine biology this time around. Yea Polwarth hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
KaitlynGee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Well different university but still same kind of problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
LRE
Rep:
?
It's nice to know i'm not the only one! Wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this thread!! I'm sure the uni will do something for mature students to help us settle in! and accommodation wise, their going to know that we don't want to live with 18 year olds and visa versa!
sublimeidiocy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LRE)
That's good! Are you going to be living in student accommodation?
Yea, I intend to find a shared house. I don't personally fancy halls as I think I'm a bit old for that scene.

What are your plans for accommodation?
sublimeidiocy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by hannahbiafra)
I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm 25 - very worried about fitting in and the logistics of how it's going to all work!
I'm doing radiography too, we're going to be course mates!!
hannahbiafra
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm doing radiography too, we're going to be course mates!!
Wahey! Looking at your username I can tell we're on the same wavelength (no pun intended originally).
LRE
Rep:
?
Yea, I intend to find a shared house. I don't personally fancy halls as I think I'm a bit old for that scene.

What are your plans for accommodation?

Still unsure at the min, I emailed student housing and asked about what options there were for mature students as I don't particularly want to be living with 18 year olds (and vice versa!) and was told they try to put mature students together in halls, so might do that! Hopefully there's no nightly fire alarms!!
savagesmurf4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LRE)
Haha thanks for making me feel a little better about it! Went to the open day yesterday, people looked quite young! I'm going to be studying digital marketing, how about you? Are you going to be living in halls?
From all the Facebook pages everyone seems like 17 or 18 so I hope I don't have to live with people that age! I'm doing criminology and forensic studies. Yeah I want to live in halls for the first year just for the 'Uni experience' but after that privately renting if I make it past the first year haha are you going to stay in halls??
LRE
Rep:
?
(Original post by savagesmurf4)
From all the Facebook pages everyone seems like 17 or 18 so I hope I don't have to live with people that age! I'm doing criminology and forensic studies. Yeah I want to live in halls for the first year just for the 'Uni experience' but after that privately renting if I make it past the first year haha are you going to stay in halls??
That's exactly my plan too! Was going to live at home and commute but would probably end up making no friends to live with in the 2nd/3rd year! Haha. Apparently when you apply for accommodation there's a 'mature student' option you can select where they'll match you up with people that are a similar age!
mikepage
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LRE)
Hey guys,

I just wondered if there were any other mature students starting in September?

Although i'm extremely excited about starting i'm also really nervous about being much older (27) than the young'uns starting uni this year.

I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? It would be good to get to know some other people

Lauren
Hi Lauren,

I'm also a mature student (30) starting this September. Feel free to message me and can perhaps try and organise a group to go out.

Mike
LRE
Rep:
?
(Original post by mikepage)
Hi Lauren,

I'm also a mature student (30) starting this September. Feel free to message me and can perhaps try and organise a group to go out.

Mike
Hey, that sounds good, will message you nearer the time! It's good there seems to be quite a few of us older ones starting in September what are you studying? Are you going to be living in halls?
mikepage
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Healthcare science (cardiac physiology).

I've been looking at some one bedroom flats, but it would be nice to meet some people early on. Have you decided yet?

I see you can get studio flats in Francis Drake Hall, or I might apply for mature-student halls, really not sure....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (2)
28.57%
No - I have already returned home (0)
0%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (3)
42.86%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (0)
0%
No - I live at home during term anyway (2)
28.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise