The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Any mature students starting in september?

Hey guys,

I just wondered if there were any other mature students starting in September?

Although i'm extremely excited about starting i'm also really nervous about being much older (27) than the young'uns starting uni this year.

I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? It would be good to get to know some other people :smile:

Lauren

Scroll to see replies

27 isn't much older at all!! I'm going to be almost 23 and I am certainly looking for a mature people instead of younger people, What course you studying?
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Reply 2
Original post by savagesmurf4
27 isn't much older at all!! I'm going to be almost 23 and I am certainly looking for a mature people instead of younger people, What course you studying?

Haha thanks for making me feel a little better about it! Went to the open day yesterday, people looked quite young! I'm going to be studying digital marketing, how about you? Are you going to be living in halls?
Yes,

I'm going to be starting radiography at 30. I have been assured I won't be the oldest person on the course.

It's nice to know there will be some other oldies about
Reply 4
Original post by sublimeidiocy
Yes,

I'm going to be starting radiography at 30. I have been assured I won't be the oldest person on the course.

It's nice to know there will be some other oldies about

That's good! Are you going to be living in student accommodation?
I kinda worried about that too. I'm 22 which isn't that old but I've already done an undergrad degree and am going for a second and feel strange about being back at school with a younger bunch

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Loved uni so much you've gone back for another degree :smile: What you studying this time? 22, you'll blend in no problem. I'm asking everyone this tonight it feels like, are you living in student halls?
I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm 25 - very worried about fitting in and the logistics of how it's going to all work!
Hey! Live long learning! I'm studying marine biology this time around. Yea Polwarth hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well different university but still same kind of problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
It's nice to know i'm not the only one! Wasn't expecting anyone to reply to this thread!! I'm sure the uni will do something for mature students to help us settle in! and accommodation wise, their going to know that we don't want to live with 18 year olds and visa versa!
Original post by LRE
That's good! Are you going to be living in student accommodation?

Yea, I intend to find a shared house. I don't personally fancy halls as I think I'm a bit old for that scene.

What are your plans for accommodation?
Original post by hannahbiafra
I'm doing Diagnostic Radiography and I'm 25 - very worried about fitting in and the logistics of how it's going to all work!

I'm doing radiography too, we're going to be course mates!!
I'm doing radiography too, we're going to be course mates!!

Wahey! Looking at your username I can tell we're on the same wavelength (no pun intended originally).
Reply 14
Yea, I intend to find a shared house. I don't personally fancy halls as I think I'm a bit old for that scene.

What are your plans for accommodation?

Still unsure at the min, I emailed student housing and asked about what options there were for mature students as I don't particularly want to be living with 18 year olds (and vice versa!) and was told they try to put mature students together in halls, so might do that! Hopefully there's no nightly fire alarms!!
Original post by LRE
Haha thanks for making me feel a little better about it! Went to the open day yesterday, people looked quite young! I'm going to be studying digital marketing, how about you? Are you going to be living in halls?

From all the Facebook pages everyone seems like 17 or 18 so I hope I don't have to live with people that age! I'm doing criminology and forensic studies. Yeah I want to live in halls for the first year just for the 'Uni experience' but after that privately renting if I make it past the first year haha are you going to stay in halls??
Reply 16
Original post by savagesmurf4
From all the Facebook pages everyone seems like 17 or 18 so I hope I don't have to live with people that age! I'm doing criminology and forensic studies. Yeah I want to live in halls for the first year just for the 'Uni experience' but after that privately renting if I make it past the first year haha are you going to stay in halls??

That's exactly my plan too! Was going to live at home and commute but would probably end up making no friends to live with in the 2nd/3rd year! Haha. Apparently when you apply for accommodation there's a 'mature student' option you can select where they'll match you up with people that are a similar age!
Reply 17
Original post by LRE
Hey guys,

I just wondered if there were any other mature students starting in September?

Although i'm extremely excited about starting i'm also really nervous about being much older (27) than the young'uns starting uni this year.

I just wondered if anyone else was in the same boat? It would be good to get to know some other people :smile:

Lauren

Hi Lauren,

I'm also a mature student (30) starting this September. Feel free to message me and can perhaps try and organise a group to go out.

Mike
Reply 18
Original post by mikepage
Hi Lauren,

I'm also a mature student (30) starting this September. Feel free to message me and can perhaps try and organise a group to go out.

Mike

Hey, that sounds good, will message you nearer the time! It's good there seems to be quite a few of us older ones starting in September :smile: what are you studying? Are you going to be living in halls?
Reply 19
Healthcare science (cardiac physiology).

I've been looking at some one bedroom flats, but it would be nice to meet some people early on. Have you decided yet?

I see you can get studio flats in Francis Drake Hall, or I might apply for mature-student halls, really not sure....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending