The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iamux
when you're lonely in a dead end job, and a guy comes along from one of these unis offering you companionship, you'll be inclined to get used by them as you're rapidly ageing and your eggs are decreasing and well, you don't really have many offers flooding in. They'll eventually get rid of your judgmental basic *ss of course

lol how edgy is this statement
Reply 301
Original post by Princepieman
That Mary Jane you're smoking must be pretty potent if you are hallucinating about nonexistent med schools.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PRSOM :rofl:
Original post by soanonymous
Not saying:shh:

youre so anonymous
Cambridge
Oxford
Durham
St Andrews
King's College London
Warwick
There was one poster naming the University of Leicester in this list?
Are you serious lol
All universities are overrated tbh, whether Oxbridge or London Met. The fees are just way too high for the overall experience...
Reply 306
Anglia Ruskin.
Original post by BobSausage
Anglia Ruskin.

That's a good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Proxenus
That's a good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that's a bad uni.
Original post by T Jack Zhang
Cambridge
Oxford
Durham
St Andrews
King's College London
Warwick

Worst universities ever!
Original post by Illimitable
I thought that's a bad uni.

whats a bad uni mean to you
whats a bad uni mean to you

Teaching quality, student satisfaction etc..what about you?
BCU - my brother went there so ik its bad :biggrin:
Reply 313
That's a good uni

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mhm good if you want student satisfaction and quality of certain aspects and the fact it's right next to Cambridge means that you can pretend you went to Cambridge but the entry grades are what I'm talking about. You can get in with 3 Es at A-level and still not be the worst in your subject... That's how it's a bad uni.
Also having such low grades etc. it is more than likely it will be worse equipped than other higher attaining unis and of course the student satisfaction will be higher cos they need to put less effort in and can spend more time partying.
Original post by EatAndRevise
9/10

10/10 IGN mate get it right. your clearly to busy eating and not revising.
Reply 315
Everybody please cleanse before you sleep.
Original post by BobSausage
Mhm good if you want student satisfaction and quality of certain aspects and the fact it's right next to Cambridge means that you can pretend you went to Cambridge but the entry grades are what I'm talking about. You can get in with 3 Es at A-level and still not be the worst in your subject... That's how it's a bad uni.
Also having such low grades etc. it is more than likely it will be worse equipped than other higher attaining unis and of course the student satisfaction will be higher cos they need to put less effort in and can spend more time partying.

I don't go to Anglia Ruskin, but entry grades aren't the be-all and end-all. Neither is research, for that matter.

Entry grades and research determine prestige, certainly, but employability/student satisfaction/teacher quality are all more important for people who don't want to go in to academia.

I applied as a mature student to numerous universities - Got in at Edinburgh as my most prestigious(And was denied by Sheffield Hallam, which was a shock I was not expecting. I am still not sure why) and chose to go to a university with less research/entry levels because those other three things were better balanced with the cost of living.
Sheffield Hallam, herriot watt and surrey tbh
Original post by stefjaie
Sheffield Hallam, herriot watt and surrey tbh

You bumped a 9 month old thread for that? :facepalm:
I did HND Chemistry at MMU. I have been to a more research uni as well, and MMU had the modern equipment for teaching analysis? I have a serious question, if the uni is well rated for research, why on earth is their teaching instrumentation old? If working in a lab, It would be a culture shock from the old, injecting/pressing buttons for running GCs.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending