The Student Room Group

French Oral Speaking Exam HELP!!!

Hi, i am sitting my oral speaking exam on wednesday and was wondering has anyone got any tips/advice which could help me?
Try to prepare at least 2/3 subjunctives to say and also a present participle or two.

Also try to speak as slowly and clearly as possible for the whole oral exam.

Which exam board are you on BTW? If it's aqa I can give you some more specific advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Omelette du fromage? Kidding.

One thing that helps me is that teachers don't mind if you take some time (not like an hour or anything) to think/formulate a coherent answer before you respond. That way you can answer more confidently.
I had mine on Wednesday :biggrin:

As the poster above said, prepare some subjunctive (e.g. if questioned about tv shows, you can say "Il faut que je sois honnête, je regarde made in chelsea" )

Don't panic! The 8-10 minutes (if you're with Edexcel) go very quick. The most important thing is that you don't freeze, even you still need time to think about the question say something like "Hmm, je trouve ce question tellement interessant" which buys and kills time (if you get me :wink:)

If you need help, just PM me :wink:
Don't use random and complicated sentence starters if you're not comfortable with them; it'll be worse to pause thinking of a starter rather than saying something relatively simple like quant a moi. Speak in front of a mirror to get used to looking at someone instead of staring at your notes - your teacher might try to help you with gestures etc. Also conjugate pouvoir and vouloir before the verb you want to use so you don't get stuck on conjugating.

Mine's next week as well so good luck!
Reply 5
Have you got any good subjunctive phrases that i could use? Thanks for your help and i am on wjec
Reply 6
Original post by T94
Omelette du fromage? Kidding.

One thing that helps me is that teachers don't mind if you take some time (not like an hour or anything) to think/formulate a coherent answer before you respond. That way you can answer more confidently.

Thankyou :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Omni Vanitas
I had mine on Wednesday :biggrin:

As the poster above said, prepare some subjunctive (e.g. if questioned about tv shows, you can say "Il faut que je sois honnête, je regarde made in chelsea" )

Don't panic! The 8-10 minutes (if you're with Edexcel) go very quick. The most important thing is that you don't freeze, even you still need time to think about the question say something like "Hmm, je trouve ce question tellement interessant" which buys and kills time (if you get me :wink:)

If you need help, just PM me :wink:

The fact that i love made in chelsea is so weird haha! But thankyou, have you got any easy idioms that i could use?
Original post by lydiahumes
The fact that i love made in chelsea is so weird haha! But thankyou, have you got any easy idioms that i could use?

It was an example :wink: As far as the examiner is concerned, you can say that you like watching kittens eating :biggrin:
I'll PM you later with a list of useful sentence
Reply 9
Original post by Omni Vanitas
It was an example :wink: As far as the examiner is concerned, you can say that you like watching kittens eating :biggrin:
I'll PM you later with a list of useful sentence

Thankyou!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest