The Student Room Group

Leeds Festival - Best colour to camp in?

Hi, this is going to be my first time at leeds fest and I'm wondering what the best colour to camp in. My group has splintered with one going in blue and the other wanting to go in purple/green. I was just wondering what they are like, do you get stuff stolen? tents slashed/set on fire, can you actually get to sleep?
Many thanks!
Original post by storminateacup1
Hi, this is going to be my first time at leeds fest and I'm wondering what the best colour to camp in. My group has splintered with one going in blue and the other wanting to go in purple/green. I was just wondering what they are like, do you get stuff stolen? tents slashed/set on fire, can you actually get to sleep?
Many thanks!

Generally, the camps closer to the arenas are busier - and by busier I mean choc-ablock. I've only ever stayed in the yellow which is much quieter, and although it takes about a 10 minute walk to get to the stages, it's a good mix of quiet and banter as it isn't totally bereft of life. A good compromise would be either green or orange but it's totally up to you. I'll see you there :wink:
Original post by storminateacup1
Many thanks!

There always rumours of peoples things being stolen, and although it can happen I have found that it is very rare. There are secret security guards dressed as ordinary people to watch out for that sort of thing and security towers that watch everything, so generally if safe. Don't leave things like wallets or purses in your tent or inordinate amounts of money. Ideally, you should take a fanny pack (lol) or something that is secure for sentimental or important objects, though on the whole you should be fine.
I stayed in Red last year and despite my friends joking that we would get stabbed it was perfectly fine! You only have to worry about vandalism to your tent if you go starting **** with people otherwise your tent and valuables will be fine!

Red was really busy but the people were friendly and we only got offered drugs a few times :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
i stayed in orange the other year, its not far from the stages but also close to brown camp so there are no cues for toilets and water and had no trouble with theft or vandalism. only problem is there is a little hill to climb but apart from that id say its the best place
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by haggler101
i stayed in orange the other year, its not far from the stages but also close to brown camp so there are no cues for toilets and water and had no trouble with theft or vandalism. only problem is there is a little hill to climb but apart from that id say its the best place

could you hear the funfair from orange? it was so loud and annoying

Not that Red was much better - our tent was halfway between the campsite DJ and Relentless
Wasn't too bad to be honest, just need to be some distance from the camp dj if you want sleep
Reply 7
I went in orange which was pretty good close to water, loos and food vans only downside is the hill you walk down to get to the stages which is fine unless its wet, but upside is when you leave you dont need to carry all your stuff up the hill. None of my friends got stuff robbed or slashed, maybe because we were in orange or because it doesn't actually happen much. You can sleep because when you're drunk the music/noise doesn't bother you

Quick Reply

Latest