The Student Room Group

Left School At 16...Don't Know What To Do...

Hi,

I did something SO STUPID! I REGRET IT SO MUCH! Here's my story, I appreciate if you could help me out.

So honestly, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, I did alright-ish in GCSE's. I got my B's and C's, I did A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Economics and English Language and Literature. Did my mocks and failed them so I got moved down to BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science, I had started the course late and I had so many assignments to catch up on that the pressure got to me and my anxiety got worse I had so many panic attacks and I was so unhappy with the course so in January, I dropped out. Here's the thing though, nobody knows I did other than my teachers, I didn't tell my friends or my family. My parents would crucify me if they knew and ever since I've been trying to get a job but no one will hire me and no schools or colleges have accepted me. I'm 17 In a couple of weeks and I was hoping that there's a way that I can go straight into university (if theres a way let me know - i.e. foundation courses) I don't know what I'm doing I feel like I'm worthless, useless, hopless and I feel like I'm wasting my life. Please if there's anything you guys can advise me on or anything that you think may help ANYTHING AT ALL please let me know I'm desperate and a thousand thank yous to you in advance!
Reply 1
You could apply for a foundation year but you would need to explain the problems you had I.e.anxiety, panic attacks, pressure by your family etc.

So are you planning on going to uni and not telling your parents that you dropped out?
hey, dont worry to much your still young and in all honesty employers nowadays no longer look for people with a collage degree or any thing like that of course in some cases its mandatory, but what the schools teach and how they teach is still stuck in the factory days when we were taught to keep quiet, raise our hand and sit in rows.because of how the world has developed employers are now looking for creative people more then they are for intelligent people, as for you not being able to find a job maybe your looking in the wrong places or going about it in the wrong way.your parents and friends should be able to respect you choices of leaving school because its you choice and your life.
This thread is 4 years old, replying to this thread is meaningless.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending